Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car is a 2007 Magnum SRT-8 with around 5,000 miles.

Temperature was in the high 50's/low 60's with 90% humidity.

The road I do these runs on is extremely close to being perfectly flat. According to Google Earth, there is less than a 1-2 foot change of elevation throughout the entire stretch.

My only mod is a Diablosport Predator with canned 93 octane performance tune and raised shift points.

For these runs, I reset the quick adjust settings back to default and then did not change the tire size at all.

For some unknown reason, my timer stops at an indicated 55-56 MPH. Before anybody starts pointing the finger at Diablosport and making ASSumptions, I should have you know that long before my Predator even arrived, my timer would stop at the very same 55-56 MPH. Check the before and after videos below for confirmation of this.

I found this post making reference to an SRT engineer's comment rather interesting... Coincidence that they used the same 55mph number that my timer stops at? I mean why would mine stop at 55 if I'm running the same exact 245 series tires that came on the car from the factory? Even if it was calibrated for the 255's that come standard on SRT-8s, the difference between 245's and 255's is still nowhere near the 10% that I'm seeing. Does anyone else's timer stop at an indicated 55-56 MPH?

Anyway, what's important is the change in times before the Predator to after the Predator. Same exact stretch of road, same tire size, no changing of the tire size in the Predator (this time), etc...

Before Predator (these were actually done in slightly cooler temps): http://www.titsup-racing.com/video/maggie/maggie_0-60runs.wmv

After Predator (last night): http://www.titsup-racing.com/video/maggie/4.06.wmv

4 to 5 tenths for just a tune is kinda hard to believe, but then again, it does do a lot in those lower gears: reduced torque management, raised shift point, firmer shift, and more torque/horsepower.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
thats amazing difference! you might want to check the digital speedometer to compare it to the analog and see if there are any differences that might account for the timing issue you speak ok

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Not even a chirp off the line? I noticed you tire pressure indicator light was on. I'm assuming you dropped the pressure in the back tires. Are you running F1's?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
probably dropped pressure to get good start off of the line! another thing to look at is do some 0-60 WOT runs and video tape it showing the speedometer and the digital speedometer, it could just be a matter of lag between the analog and the actual acceleration of the car

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, no chirp on that run. On my 4.1X runs, I had a touch of wheelspin off the line, but not on these. I can't wait until I put the drag radials on and can come out at 2K RPMs instead of going off idle. *Please don't turn this into another halfshaft thread*

Good idea on video taping the digital and analog speedos. I gotta try that once the roads dry up.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Nope, no chirp on that run. On my 4.1X runs, I had a touch of wheelspin off the line, but not on these. I can't wait until I put the drag radials on and can come out at 2K RPMs instead of going off idle. *Please don't turn this into another halfshaft thread*

Good idea on video taping the digital and analog speedos. I gotta try that once the roads dry up.
Just a thought :), worth the shot too! hah I can't wait to my hands on a predator..o baby o baby :devil:

does the car run a lot smoother at idle and regular driving conditions? and tell me how much harder she pulls!

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smoother at idle and regular driving conditions? Not that I can feel. It feels exactly the same as stock.

It definitely feels a little quicker... The shifts are definitely firmer. I'm expecting to drop a tenth or two with it at the track. I know based on the 0-60 times it should be way faster than that, but I think it has to do with the raised shift point from 1st to 2nd. In other words, if you were to keep going to say 80 or 90 MPH, I think the difference between the Predator and stock tune would actually be LESS than the 4 or 5 tenths that I picked up from 0-60.

BTW, my tire pressure indicator light is always on for the first 5-10 minutes after the car is started. Once everything warms up, it goes away as the tire pressures increase.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Anyway, what's important is the change in times before the Predator to after the Predator. Same exact stretch of road, same tire size, no changing of the tire size in the Predator (this time), etc...
Yah, if you've kept every other variable constant this is indeed good (and welcome!) info. Thanks for posting.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem and I forgot to say that I have the crappy RSAs, not the F1s.

·
Registered
474 Posts
nice times. but still not the best. another guy already posted a 3.98 on his EVIC 0-60 calculator, about a week ago. i thought it was in here. but it couldve been on 300cforums.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Useless to compare these times between cars, don't you think?

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Useless to compare these times between cars, don't you think?
Yup, plus the Magnum is a little heavier than the 300C and I wasn't afforded the opportunity of getting custom tuned at Diablosport. And I don't have an Airhammer CAI like him either. Well not yet anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
474 Posts
you guys are funny. the difference between a 4.06 and a 3.98 is somewhere between nothing and fck all. its not even a tenth of a second. but you still feel the need to back up why that guy was faster. im willing to bet with a different launch in a different climate. you would proly be the same time as the other guy.

and i fail to see why its useless to compare times between cars?? everytime someone here brings up a fast civic, or srt-4, or another 4 cyl. everyone gripes about how its not even worth comparing. now you have 2 cars that are virtually identical, and you say that they are not worth comparing either.
i might come off as brash. but its not intended that way. i just get a kick out of you charger guys. there is so much useless ego, it reminds me of a bunch of kids talkin about who could beat up whos dad. lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
you guys are funny. the difference between a 4.06 and a 3.98 is somewhere between nothing and fck all. its not even a tenth of a second. but you still feel the need to back up why that guy was faster. im willing to bet with a different launch in a different climate. you would proly be the same time as the other guy.

and i fail to see why its useless to compare times between cars?? everytime someone here brings up a fast civic, or srt-4, or another 4 cyl. everyone gripes about how its not even worth comparing. now you have 2 cars that are virtually identical, and you say that they are not worth comparing either.
i might come off as brash. but its not intended that way. i just get a kick out of you charger guys. there is so much useless ego, it reminds me of a bunch of kids talkin about who could beat up whos dad. lol

And here I was thinking being a kid was what it was all about. Maybe I'll trade the charger in and get a buick.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I don't think you came off as "brash", Someguy but your first post in this thread immediately turned it into a competition. The point of the thread was to point out the change in one persons 0-60 time after the Predator. No one claimed it was the fastest seen yet so it's not surprising that your post generated the reaction it did.

These results are exciting. Since I don't want to do too much to my car this only sways me even more in the direction of the Predator. Thanks for the vids 10SecS4!
-J

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I don't think you came off as "brash", Someguy but your first post in this thread immediately turned it into a competition. The point of the thread was to point out the change in one persons 0-60 time after the Predator. No one claimed it was the fastest seen yet so it's not surprising that your post generated the reaction it did.

These results are exciting. Since I don't want to do too much to my car this only sways me even more in the direction of the Predator. Thanks for the vids 10SecS4!
-J
Yeh, I agree...everyone was quick to say nice, BUT thats not the fastest...he was simply showing a difference between bone stock and the canned tune he put in....great job man...kinda weird with the timer though, ur time will always be some what off.

·
Registered
474 Posts

-J

"New best INDICATED 0-60 time with the predator... 4.06!"

the way i interpreted that. is he was saying he has the best 0-60 thus far of anyone running the predator.

i guess i could be wrong, maybe he was just reffering to his own PERSONAL best time.

no harm no foul.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had just started a thread previous to this one where I ran a couple 4.1X runs shortly after installing the Predator. So this thread was to discuss my new personal best of 4.06. Sorry if I wasn't perfectly clear.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had just started a thread previous to this one where I ran a couple 4.1X runs shortly after installing the Predator. So this thread was to discuss my new personal best of 4.06. Sorry if I wasn't perfectly clear.
sorry for the misinterpretation :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts