Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have e-cuouts installed, waiting for a new grill, Dash kit and stick shift to be delivered/painted, but I want to buy more stuff lol. So would a New Air Intake be something I could get next? I have been reading about AFE/Airhammer and etc, any suggestions on what brand or maybe why I should go with that type of brand? I am guessing it should be pretty easy to install too?

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Mopar CAI comes with a nice metal separator plate that provides the perfect place to mount the coolant filter.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mopar CAI comes with a nice metal separator plate that provides the perfect place to mount the coolant filter.
Thanks, or do we have a supported Vendor that I could buy from, I would rather buy from a supported Vendor if anything.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the Airraid CAI. it uses the hood to draw for air. i love it. looks great and sounds even better

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I have an AFE that I purchased from Tbyrne who is a supporting vendor. Very happy with the intake and the service from Tbyrne.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok, so I have e-cuouts installed, waiting for a new grill, Dash kit and stick shift to be delivered/painted, but I want to buy more stuff lol. So would a New Air Intake be something I could get next? I have been reading about AFE/Airhammer and etc, any suggestions on what brand or maybe why I should go with that type of brand? I am guessing it should be pretty easy to install too?

I got the AirAid with the scoop intake...have it on my Aspen Hemi also and both work well from what I can tell...

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so I think I have it down too, AFE and the AIRRAID that works with the SRT8 hood scoop. But I have two questions, am I able to paint the tubes if I wanted too? Now the other question, the only reason I was looking at the AIRRAID because it has the attachment that connects the scoop, is that correct? It connects with the scoop so the SRT8 hood is actually fully functional or wouldn’t it make a difference and I could just get the AFE? Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
How is it that the rain or water that comes in threw the hood scoop gets trapped? Does water get trapped in the scoop? If water dosen't get trapped when it goes in threw the scoop would that mean that the water can get into the filter with these intakes that connect to the factory scoop?

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How is it that the rain or water that comes in threw the hood scoop gets trapped? Does water get trapped in the scoop? If water dosen't get trapped when it goes in threw the scoop would that mean that the water can get into the filter with these intakes that connect to the factory scoop?
Very good point, because I was looking at this one:
http://www.goairaid.com/detail.asp?product_id=5305&GID=

But not to sure how it connects to the factory hood if I am thinking right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts