Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this ad in my Goodguys Gazette this morning. They take the new base 6.1 Hemi and get 565HP out of it. Very streetable and dependable. They show a picture of it too.
Anyone else heard about this?

The ad shows from Lighting something or other. I can check tonight. Sorry can't remember the name of the co. running the ad.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
there was a 564 mag in hot rod magizine with a gsm supercharger. They run the junkiest brands of all the bolt ons and then showed what gains they got and showed it between two pages of the gto/ and mustang in which they used major parts like ford racing? What a load. . .

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one was pictured with no blower or anything other than a polished intake and full length headers. I am going to call them about it tomorrow for the heck of it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got off the phone with them. 6.1 Hemi base.

565HP, 600FT Torque on pump gas. Come see it dyno'd and they will load the same motor up in your truck to take it home. 6.1 Hemi.
Plug and play right into your stock SRT8. $19,995 with core exchange.

Said if you drop the motor in, your wife would never know it's there till you hit the throttle. Very smooth idle. Has ran proven 12.20's.

Guy out of Ohio named Chris Wheatcraft has one in his dragster running 8:30's right now and just made a showing at one of the Chrysler drags. He said what one it was but I don't remember....Their shop was there to see it.

You can go to www.indyheads.com then scroll down to about the middle page, click on their "price sheet". Go to page 16 and it's the Hemi Street Legend motor at the top of the page.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Isn't 12.2 a little worse than expected given that power level?

Is flywheel power numbers?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

I would give them a call and ask. Real nice guy I spoke to this morning and willing to answer any question you have. They are selling very well and has referals from what he said. They have a guy some Illinois that is putting them in Jeeps!

Does anyone know for sure, what our stock SRT8's are running at the flywheel for HP and torque?

Keep in mind, I don't know these guys, I just saw their ad in my Good Guy's Magazine. They welcome you to come see them and see the motor in action on the Dyno.

·
Registered
939 Posts

I think you're right. That 12.2 matches 565 HP at the crank with a 4300 lb car, I'd say. Probably about 480 rwhp, which fits with the old "100 HP = 1 sec." in the 1/4 mile (in the 12-15 second range, anyway)... taking your 13.2 sec. SRT8 down to 12.2 sec.

HP numbers that are used to sell something are almost always crank numbers... along with the respective badging on the car, of course.

·
Registered
813 Posts
sure thats not the 7.0L conversion that I have in mine?? same power #s or close to it and same price and mine was made by indy as well.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sure thats not the 7.0L conversion that I have in mine?? same power #s or close to it and same price and mine was made by indy as well.
Please talk to us. Seems like most feel it's nothing more than the stock motor....What do you have to say? Is is just your standard 6.1 like from the factory?????

The site says it's the 6.1 but it had different heads, cam etc.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The motor in question is the Power Ported Performance (PPP)New Ledged 426 Stroker motor, manufactured by Indy Cylinder Heads. The block is a 6.1L bored and stroked to 7.0L. Add one of PPP's custom ground cams and stage II heads and your pushing close to 600FWHP.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Thats what I was thinking. Maybe I will be brave enough to spray one day. Gotta study up first. I am kinda clueless on NO2.
Let me know when your ready..Lots of myths out there.Im by far an expert but have been playing with "N20" for a few years now..With no issues I might add..Shoot me a PM when your ready :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The motor in question is the Power Ported Performance (PPP)New Ledged 426 Stroker motor, manufactured by Indy Cylinder Heads. The block is a 6.1L bored and stroked to 7.0L. Add one of PPP's custom ground cams and stage II heads and your pushing close to 600FWHP.
You must have been one of the few that actually took time to read the price sheet like I suggested people do. Good job. ;)

Looks like you have the motor too. Does it kick _SS?????

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
You are my hero

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know their site still "labels" it as the 6.1 and that is what they call it, but I am sure you could be correct. It's built with the 6.1 block as a base.

Just like my 383 Chevy motor is built with the standard 350 block....

How does she run!?!?!!?!?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Let me know when your ready..Lots of myths out there.Im by far an expert but have been playing with "N20" for a few years now..With no issues I might add..Shoot me a PM when your ready :)
I appreciate the offer. I will let you know when I grow a set. How much $$$ we talking for a complete good system?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts