Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.....Al's 12.58 motivated me to hit the track this weekend with my new Mopar TCM...lighter ROH wheels so all the ingredients were in place to break some records with the FRI Street Port / Sidewinder combo.

Result...

R/T .323
60' 1.78
330 5.202
1/8 8.028
MPH 86.57
1000' 10.48
1/4 12.54
MPH 110.44

I am not foolish enough to think this record will stand for long...too many strong cars out there to say where the records will end up this fall but it does demonstrate what one can do with a cost conscious, true bolt on, mds capable combination.

Notes: I ran all day with the Mopar Performance PCM/TCM combo trying to get the most from the newly released MP TCM which has a greatly improved shift management schedule...really tamed the Pro Torque converter...to the point where I couldn't load it past 2600rpms...with Superchips/Stock TCM I could load to 3200rpms!! 1-2 is now very firm....2-3 is strong.

I knew it was going to be a fun day when it turned 12.58 @ 109 right off the street without cool down. The car was running pretty damn consistent all day long (except for some wheelspin)....12.54, 12.57, 12.58, 12.59 @ 109-110 mph.

DA ranged from near Sea Level to +400....

12 Second database updated

Timeslips (Car #342):

12.54 run

Other 12.5 runs today..

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
impressive imagine if your had a charger you would have been a couple tenths faster...but very nice...:clap:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
What were the conditions like that day? Do you know the elevation?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DA ranged from near Sea Level to +400....
What were the conditions like that day? Do you know the elevation?
It was nice out :) Track sits at 86 feet... temps were low 60's, baro was 30+, dew point was mid 40's with a slight head wind.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It was nice out :) Track sits at 86 feet... temps were low 60's, baro was 30+, dew point was mid 40's with a slight head wind.
Thats good racing conditions!! And good football weather!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thank you for sharing. It is nice to see what a naturally aspirated MDS engine can do. 12.50's is damn fast for a street driver.

Can I ask...

How does the PCM and MDS like your stall converter?

Where the gains on the heads and cam worth the cash and effort?

Have you seen a supercharged 5.7 at the track and if so how did it do?

Thx.

·
Vendor
810 Posts
Congrats Chris! That's some awesome times. Impressive to see you've gained a few mph, too, with those new rims and tuning and a little cooler air.

I think we may go down to Cecil next Wednesday and bring a few 5.7, 6.1 and maybe a 426 car to go test-n-tune. I'm sure Rob is in, too, and you guys can go grudge match some more since you're both running 12.5's now.

Hope to see you out there!
Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
How does the PCM and MDS like your stall converter?

Where the gains on the heads and cam worth the cash and effort?

Have you seen a supercharged 5.7 at the track and if so how did it do?

Thx.
The Mopar PCM/TCM really works well with the Pro Torque converter....actually made it feel less aggressive when driving normal but hits hard when you nail it. Not sure about MDS yet since Mopar PCM disables MDS... I will let you know how it does when I put the stock PCM back in with DIABLO tuning.

I think we may go down to Cecil next Wednesday and bring a few 5.7, 6.1 and maybe a 426 car to go test-n-tune. I'm sure Rob is in, too, and you guys can go grudge match some more since you're both running 12.5's now.
You sure you want to run again??:) :) J/K...its always a blast given how close the cars run. I would love to come up but too much going on during the week lately..... I am sure we will get together soon though as I plan on doing lots of testing when we get the DIABLO's in....maybe one of these Sunday's coming up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.