Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much better looking than the 2020 and older 4-piston. Do you happen to know what the rotor size is?
Everything looks the same as previous years..

Front
Rotor size and type
14.2" x 1.26" (360mm x 32.0mm) vented
Caliper size and type 1.73" (44mm) piston
Brembo four-piston fixed monoblock aluminum
Swept area 351 sq. in. (2,261 sq. cm)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll tell you though one thing with the rotor is different, gone are the slots. The previous rotors were slotted but these are plain and seems to be following a trend where the 6-piston rotor slots were drastically reduced in size starting in 2019. Have no idea how this will affect anything but at least should make it easier to turn the rotors.

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
3,048 Posts
I'll tell you though one thing with the rotor is different, gone are the slots. The previous rotors were slotted but these are plain and seems to be following a trend where the 6-piston rotor slots were drastically reduced in size starting in 2019. Have no idea how this will affect anything but at least should make it easier to turn the rotors.

Beat me to it, first thing I noticed, though I'm wondering if slots are gone across the board or just for the Scats?

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beat me to it, first thing I noticed, though I'm wondering if slots are gone across the board or just for the Scats?
The 6-pistons still have slots although still reduced in number from where they were, in 2019 they cut way back on the number and size of the slots on them so must have changed their thinking on the necessity of these slots.

·
Registered
2019 Daytona 392
45 Posts
Everything looks the same as previous years..

Front
Rotor size and type
14.2" x 1.26" (360mm x 32.0mm) vented
Caliper size and type 1.73" (44mm) piston
Brembo four-piston fixed monoblock aluminum
Swept area 351 sq. in. (2,261 sq. cm)

Good to know, thank you

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm looking for a 2021 Super Stock pic to see if they use the new style.

I thought they would use Demon brakes and was surprised to see they use standard Scat Pack 4-pistons.

·
Registered
2019 Daytona 392
45 Posts
I'm looking for a 2021 Super Stock pic to see if they use the new style.

I thought they would use Demon brakes and was surprised to see they use standard Scat Pack 4-pistons.

The Super Stock calipers do look the same, but they are made of different material than the Scat Pack ones. Rotors are different as well

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Super Stock calipers do look the same, but they are made of different material than the Scat Pack ones. Rotors are different as well
Well hell, these are the Demon brakes and they look the same. So these new calipers are from the Demon?

Not sure about the 2-piece rotor, is that on the Super Stock too?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Interesting that they changed the caliper design... that one was used on all SRT from the 2005 SRT8 300 all the way to the 2020 Scats!

I wonder if they are plug and play or any brake lines changed etc. Maybe they're a newer more efficient design? Other ones seemed to hold up really well.

Reactions: Mantis

·
Registered
2019 Daytona 392
45 Posts

Read up on it on the hellcat forums and did some browsing. Looks like changes for both the 4 piston and 6 piston systems for 2021 models.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah the 6-pistons got new rotors presumably from the Trackhawk but nobody knew anything about a change to the 4-pistons. The rotors now have no slots and the calipers totally different. Guess the pad changes to copper free has something to do with this.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,046 Posts
The new Brakes are very nice looking. I wonder if they give off as much brake dust as the older design ones do meaning the 6 pistons anyway. I don't seem to have an issue with the 4 Piston brake dust.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does this have the same rotor diameter and brake pads as charger/challenger srt8/scat packs ?
Yes, the standard Scat Brakes (except Widebody) is the 14.2" rotors and 4-piston Brembo calipers you see here.

Optional on Scat Pack (included with Widebody) is the 15.4" (15.7" for 2021) rotors and 6-piston calipers.

The 14.2" rotors and 4-piston calipers were what was used on the SRT8 before 2015 and those same brakes carried over to Scat Pack starting in 2015, and they stayed the same until this caliper change for 2021.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack
1,121 Posts
Could eliminating the rotor slots mean less brake dust because there are no sharp edges rubbing/cutting the pads?

Thought I read something about Calif. banning copper in brake pads in order to keep it out of the air. Maybe the new rotors help satisfy some Calif. dust emission requirement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.