Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I’ve been an Accord owner for 35 years but recently I got to test drive a 2022 Charger that my son was given as a loaner. It was understated, comfortable and gorgeous, lol. Since I didn’t really want a 1.5 turbo that Honda has been selling for 5 years, ( and because my ‘14 is a 2.4 ) , I walked. There were about a dozen Chargers available through approximately 12 Dodge dealerships I checked and some had none. But the one I acquired was sitting there in the showroom ( charcoal pearl) since at least September, I learned, So , I negotiated firmly ( with my son , who owns a Rubican ) and I was ready to walk . It has the Blacktop package, a sunroof and the comfort package. I would have preferred silver to the black wheels but that’s what the package includes so I had no choice. Everyone I ask says the black wheels look nicer. I dunno. It really is a nice car , quiet and I like it for its naturally aspirated engine. Reading various reviews I see it is pretty well thought of. My son begged me to buy the v8 ( he has the 6.4 HEMI ), but I wasn’t paying 11 thousand more for 2 more cylinders. I’ve had it a week, it has only 40 miles on it.
Thanks for reading . I am looking for new ownership advice , warnings , and other owner’s experiences.

· Registered
5,724 Posts
Welcome from PA.

Our liver and onions is better than Texas.

Reactions: Sharpstik

· Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Sharps:
Welcome to the forum! That's a great looking Charger. IMO, there are no bad Chargers. That car just "looks" fast, lol.
Both used and new vehicle pricing has been off the charts for the last couple of years, thanks to C19 and money hungry "stealerships." I'd agree with you on the $11k premium for the V8 there. I like to buy my cars a couple of years old, with good miles, and some factory warranty intact. If it weren't for that, my '14 Charger would probably not be a V8.

Don

· Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
2,372 Posts
Should have been cold weather package, heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel. None of which I will use.
I didn’t think so either, living where I do.
But my car reminded me last night that it had those options, that I forget about. It finally dipped below degrees, I started the car and almost freaked out, I couldn’t figure out what was going on with my steering wheel. It automatically comes on when you start below 40.
I left it alone and it actually felt kind of good.

Now my vented seats, they usually run nonstop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts