Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum. My husband visits all the time for reference to the new Charger he bought me back in October of 2010.
We have had SO many problems with it! We've never owned a new car, and after this, I don't know that I ever want to spend all this money on a car that can be defective.
First off, before we took it from the showroom my husband told the salesman that the parts didn't line up. The trunk didn't line up with the rear fenders and the rear lights didn't form a straight line with the trunk. The top of the driver door didn't line up with the roof and the front and rear windows weren't leveled. But no, I HAD to have the RED one! The only R/T in the lot! So, in it went to the shop. My husband was satisfied with the results.
Next problem, the brakes started screeching at 2K miles. Mentioned it when we took it in for its first oil change, but were told the mechanic didn't notice anything.
Second oilchange around, the brakes are still screeching, mechanic notices nothing. Got the car back, now there's white smoke coming out on startup. Not consistently, but enough that it's time to call the dealer again.
I asked hubby what happened (who by the way is a mechanic with the LAFD but refuses to correct these problems himself). He tells me they had to change the head! Now, I notice the car is running awkwardly. Shakey at 1 1/2 RPMS, gears all weird. He says it feels like they left the valves maladjusted.
I'm so sick of these problems. We've only had Apple for 9 months. Did I get a dud? Can I take it back? (I don't want to because I love it)
Has anyone else had problems like these?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
The valves on these cars are non adjustable. Try to do the key dance and see if any trouble codes come up.
Might have a random missfire problem that just a computer reflash could take care of.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could be a Lemon and if so you could bring it back and get a full refund and use that money to get a new one. I've had a lemon car before, not a dodge an infinity actually but I was able to get a complete refund of all payments made and I just put those toward a new car.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
"....before we took it from the showroom my husband told the salesman that the parts didn't line up. The trunk didn't line up with the rear fenders and the rear lights didn't form a straight line with the trunk. The top of the driver door didn't line up with the roof and the front and rear windows weren't leveled".

LOL....God tried to warn you....:slap:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like you got a bad one. My 2008 Daytona felt like it was very well put together. There was nothing I had to slam or close hard. Doors, trunk and hood were aligned perfect. The white smoke at start up could be just normal heat and condensation it it stops once at operating temperature. Take it back and put more pressure on them to fix it right.

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
Get and retain all repair/warranty work orders/invoices. They don't usually give you a copy unless you ask, without them, you have no proof for a lemon law claim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow.. I thought I was the only one with the panels not aligning perfectly. The front passenger fender is slightly higher than the door. The driver door has a defect along the edge where it looks like it's rolled in where it meets the rear door, barely noticeable though. I noticed the rear passenger tailight didn't align so I fixed it today. There are some other issues, did you just take it into the dealer and show them and they fixed your issues?

So far there are no mechanical issues with mine, hopefully it stays this way. It's a 2010 R/T with 6600 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
ive only seen one defect on mine. the molding on the botom of the window sill on the driver door doesnt sit quite right. but the rest do.ill bring it to the dealers attention the next time im in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.