Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 R/T with r&t package is reaching the trade in point and I'm wondering how the '08 with the same:grin: r&t package compares to what I've had for 50,000 miles. Does anyone have any first hand experience? On paper, the 2 cars should be about the same, but sometimes manufacturers tweak the cars a little from year to year...sometimes it's good, other times not so good. I really don't like the 20" wheels, too much bling for me, but I really want the other features of that package....so I guess I gotta just get used to the 20" wheels. Anyway, any performance, ride, or whatever type comments/opinions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I wouldn't trade my '06 R/T R/T. The new ones have 20s, which I don't like, spoilers front and rear which I don't like, and cost significantly more. I believe the Hemi is down to 335 HP in the standard version, I'm not sure about the R/T R/T.

Car companies always seem to de-content cars during their life cycle, and Dodge is no exception. There cup holders are no longer hidden, for example. Who knows what other little things they've done away with. Do the sun visors still extend out?

Why would you trade in a car with only 50k miles on it for something identical?

·
Registered
726 Posts
I've seen no power changes in the car mags between '07 and '08. I think only minor stuff changed like the location of the cruise control stalk. Standard Hemi is 340HP, Road and Track package adds 10 HP for 350. Then the mods begin!

·
Registered
118 Posts
The 08's are nice i really the new interiors and also alot of the new standard features. The remotes work farther not for keyless entry and there is an option for factory remote start which is a nice idea. Even if you dont get factory remote start i love the new Mercedes key. What i did when i drove 08 was start the car and pop out the actual key and lock the door. Which was good for me when it was cold out i could warm the car up and have doors locked. The interior seemed much more quieter and the overall setup of the car is much better. I would say go test drive it and for trade in i would its nice to get the lifetime powertrain warranty which is very nice.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
man you can start up your car and warm it with the the current key configuration you have now...of course it requires two keys, but i did it all the time! just crank up the car lock all the doors (you might have to lock the drivers door yourself) and leave it to warm up....then use your spare key to open it when you're ready to get in!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts