Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up all i just had a 4 wheel alignment on my r/t she rides smooth as silk but there is a problem. my steering wheel is off center i have to hold it like im making a slight left hand turn to keep it straight and of course when i center it the car veers to the right. i took it back to the dealership and they said there was nothing wrong and said my alignment was perfect. i showed them and was like how is a ten degree play perfect and they still did nothing is there something i can do to resolve it myself or a way maybe to explain it better to the dealership its not problematic but really annoying

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Yea NO that chit is wrong get a tech INSIDE your car. I had my car in 3x for tash rattles they never found until I got really pissed and made one of them ride along.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The alignment tech obviously did not center the steering wheel before he performed the alignment. There is a holder that is wedged between the seat and the bottom of the steering wheel to secure it while the adjustments are made. Plain and simple, the tech screwed up and needs to correct it at no charge. Don't take NO for an answer. If the car drives true and steers fine then it is a simple correction on the alignment rack.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The alignment tech obviously did not center the steering wheel before he performed the alignment. There is a holder that is wedged between the seat and the bottom of the steering wheel to secure it while the adjustments are made. Plain and simple, the tech screwed up and needs to correct it at no charge. Don't take NO for an answer. If the car drives true and steers fine then it is a simple correction on the alignment rack.
x2, this happened to me and the dealer wasnt happy about putting the car in the shop for something that "petty" but im like you it bugged the chit out of me

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
you could always drive in Nascar :D j/k, hope you can get the problem resolved!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i took it back to the dealer and told them exactly what was wrong and how to fix it thanks for the tips guys. they called me later and still said nothing was wrong, now i am not a mean guy by any means and i tend to let people walk all over me but i was kinda irratated with this so i grabbed the owner of the dealership and a tech and took them for a drive and its amazing how they quickly spotted the error with the dealership owner in the car. so now its fixed and my next oil change and alignment is free yea.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Excellent!

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is a holder that is wedged between the seat and the bottom of the steering wheel to secure it while the adjustments are made. Plain and simple, the tech screwed up and needs to correct it at no charge. Don't take NO for an answer. If the car drives true and steers fine then it is a simple correction on the alignment rack.
Just so you know, the holder is no longer used with most modern alignment machines. Hunter calls it "win toe adjustment" & holding the wheel will cause the steering wheel to be off center.

You're right though. The tech messed up. If he was using a "win toe" machine, he didn't have the wheel properly centered when he started the process or he was holding it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts