Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do all of you think about getting red neons like you know the tube neons that autozone have for 19 bucks for like the 14 inch or something?on my old car i had 2 blue one under my seat which made it shine in the front and back ... you think i should get to red for driver and pass seat? or green to match inside but i already have the red dodge floor mats and stearing wheel cover ...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I've been considering puting red leds/neon/cold cathode lights under the dash. I'm not sure how much room is under there and I haven't taken the time to look yet. Anyone else do this? I'm afraid of doing under the seats with all the wires and the fact they could get crushed.

If you already have red floormats etc I'd stick with red.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what the neons looks like

http://www.punaro.com/pics/2001Eclipse/Neons-Decklid.jpg

i can have it pulse to the music or have it solid and it wont get crushed if u got the tube neons like im saying u would have the light go all over the car it looks good im telling u had them in my old car

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've had some experience with neon lights in various cars that i've had. In my opinion neon lights look great if they
glow . What i mean by this is you should not be able to see the bulb when it is installed. Take it for what its worth, just my 2 cents

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do u mean see it the tube would b under my seats

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i've installed neons for years.
a. the street glows that autoboner sells is normally optix. these are cheapy "best choice" type lights. Try to find someone that sells street glow gold line or at least blue line. The optix are junk and easily break.
Check local laws and talk to some officers. Neon tubes are not illegal, if installed correctly (where you can not see even one tube) or (as long as they are not flashing yellow, red, or blue). Now some officers will debate this but some of them also dont know the code correctly as outlined in whatever little book they have. I've got to court with people i've installed them for and noone has been fined once. Most of the time local cops are cool with them but for somereason hwy patrol will get ya every time, or at least is the way around kansas/missouri area.
b. On the chargers be careful. There is very little room on the sides to hide the tube without ground effects and the one on the rear is gonna be really close to the resos so heat will be a problem for it. I have installed a few lx kits but dont like it. I've done them hundreds of times on neons and focuss though

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
oh for interior only neons, you still want to be sure the glow does not glow out the windows. You can get pulled over for courtesy light on while driving and the neons go with that same law. Remember if you have any high model charger you have 3-5 modules under your seat. do not disturb those modules as they arent cheap to replace

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
na im just gunna put neons under my seat had them in my other car never got pulled over once..

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
cool like i said dont screw with those modules. the ocm especially can get all screwed up as it measures weight in the seat , so dont zip tie to it or tap any wires. cool?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Do you think there is room under the seats to put them, without messing with the modules?

Can you use cold cathode lights in the same fashion? From what I understand they are a lot cheaper and don't run as hot.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Neons really dont produce much if any heat. At least the good street glow/liteglow/fusions dont. Heat should be no issue. Yes there is room down there just make sure your careful of the modules and you leave room so if someone sits in the backseat their foot doesnt come up and get the tube. Depending on how you want them powered, key switch, toggle switch, lights whatever, you can run right over into the console for your power. There is an illumination wire that lights up the autostick letters and a power outlet for the other power sources.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no im just gunna put the stick tape thing tht has the Velcro on it to stick to the carpet so it dont move and stick it to the floor

·
Registered
78 Posts
They will fit under the front seat just put them on the bottom towards the rear.On the bottom of the seat and use a two zip tie's its black bar on the botttom of the seat that they mount to with no problem. As for under the dash the same thing just use the screws that come with the lights take your time and screw it into the lose carpet under the dash. I have 4 in mine and was thinking about adding some more!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have them on.

I bought 2 years ago someuner neon kit for a honda that I had but I decided to put them on my charger looks okay but looks better on blue.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
i got them ill take sum pics and post 2morrw

1 - 17 of 17 Posts