Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need Help Please! Transmission problem

I was driving in autostick and forgot to shift and overreved the engine and it made a thump sound and the engine light came on and I realized I couldn't move, I was in drive but when I gave it gas it just reved like in neutral so I put it in park then back to drive and still didnt work. I turned the engine off and then back on and everything went back to normal. This has happened 3 times while on the road if it overrevs jus to anything 6000 rpm or more this happens. My predator says the code is po700 transmission control system (MIL request). This never happened before I installed my predator 2 months ago, can anyone please help??????!!!!??

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
You are hitting tranny limp mode, the car is protecting itself from damage.

What is your rev limiter set at? If you put your rev limiter lower than 6600 (not 100% sure if its the same on the R/T), that should keep you from hitting limp mode. Best bet is to learn how to shift better or use D ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re

I can shift good it only happened once in autostick on accident the other times I spun the tires in rain and it overreved and did it

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
If you have stock internals you should not raise the rev limiter, it can damage the engine so i suggest you put it back what it was set to at stock.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
If you have stock internals you should not raise the rev limiter, it can damage the engine so i suggest you put it back what it was set to at stock.
Agreed. Today's cars are good at protecting themselves but one slip and your next over rev may be the last for this engine. Besides, hp and torque drop off at the very high end so all you are doing is risking wasting the engine, not getting anything more out of it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Help

I never touched my rev limiter don't know how that started LOL, I just don't know why my rev limiter doesn't catch it. It instead goes into limp mode rite away and I have to restart the car. This happens if I burn out out or spin the wheels in rain instead of shirfting it dies on me in limp

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I never touched my rev limiter don't know how that started LOL, I just don't know why my rev limiter doesn't catch it. It instead goes into limp mode rite away and I have to restart the car. This happens if I burn out out or spin the wheels in rain instead of shirfting it dies on me in limp
This started because you originally said you accidentally "over reved" the engine. This shouldn't happen as you should hit the rev limiter unless you have changed the setting. You need to check your settings with the predator and make sure you haven't accidentally changed them. If not, you need to see the dealer because something has happened to the computer or the tranny that is making this occur. The car shouldn't go into limp mode unless it needs to to protect itself.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
You might not have touched the rev limiter settings but did you raise the shift points? Set the shift points back to normal if you have.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
You might not have touched the rev limiter settings but did you raise the shift points? Set the shift points back to normal if you have.
Yep. Check ALL the settings. If nothing seems wrong then uninstall the Predator and see if it goes away. If so, try a reinstall and see if it returns. If none of this works, it's time to have it checked out by the dealer. Be sure to return everything to stock before taking her in so the dealer can't blame it on the Predator and say it's your fault!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Sounds like you hit the Tranny limp mode, as said before...stop and cut off car, use predator to reset code, I did it without the predator in the rain, just tranny takin care of it's self, should be no problem when you reset .....It will happen, with or without the predator......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fix

So i hooked up my predator adjusted the rev limiter in drive down to 6200 rpm and Problem solved the predator had it set at 6700 rpm which was to high my tranny was protecting its self i guess so now that its lowered everything is perfect! thanks guys :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts