Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a '06 R/T with around 87k miles on him and a remaining price tag of around $14-15k!! Can't help but notice that SRTs and Super Bees are selling for what I paid for my R/T when I bought it when it came out ($32k). I'm at a point now where I'm starting to get some exterior mods (halos, chin spoiler, open mouth grill) and would like to put them on the car, but now I'm wondering if i should upgrade! I've had no serious problems with my R/T and its still running like a champ. I know somewhere down the line I will most likely replace the engine with a lower mile one i guess.

So my question here is, what do you guys/gals think would be the reasonable option, try and trade the R/T in for an upgrade or stick with what i have and just pay it off...everyone knows the best car is a car that is paid for!!

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Keep it, and then swap in a 392. Done. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If the R/T has been a reliable ride, I say stick with it. Upgrading is tempting, to be sure, but trading in cars too soon is the main reason my credit is shot and I pay more for my 3.5L than some people pay for their SRTs. Once that cycle starts it's hard to break.

Ultimately, it is your decision; no harm in going to look. If a deal works out in your favor, it's worth considering. Worst case scenario, you go home with a R/T. :D

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Tough one, One day I will own an SRT, but my RT is paid for. Seewhat a dealer will work out with you, then decide if it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If the R/T has been a reliable ride, I say stick with it. Upgrading is tempting, to be sure, but trading in cars too soon is the main reason my credit is shot and I pay more for my 3.5L than some people pay for their SRTs. Once that cycle starts it's hard to break.

Ultimately, it is your decision; no harm in going to look. If a deal works out in your favor, it's worth considering. Worst case scenario, you go home with a R/T. :D
thats what I'm ultimately trying to avoid. But I figure if I can find one around mid $20k, and just add on what i have now, my payments would stay the same which is a little under $500 a month!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and how the heck do you combine all reply's in one post instead of responding individually to each one...lol

·
Registered
989 Posts
I would talk to a dealer and you may never know.....

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
How much do those run again...lol?
For the price of your upgrade to an SRT, you can have the engine and all the upgraded powertrain parts...and probably still have cash left over! Oh, and you'd have a car that is more solid and faster than an SRT!!! :rocker:

and how the heck do you combine all reply's in one post instead of responding individually to each one...lol
Click on the little "minus" sign next to the quote. Clicking on it will turn it red and into a positive...now you're ready to multi-quote! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would talk to a dealer and you may never know.....
its been said twice so i guess i might just do that!!!

For the price of your upgrade to an SRT, you can have the engine and all the upgraded powertrain parts...and probably still have cash left over! Oh, and you'd have a car that is more solid and faster than an SRT!!! :rocker:

i guess you do have a point on that aspect.

Click on the little "minus" sign next to the quote. Clicking on it will turn it red and into a positive...now you're ready to multi-quote! :bigthumb:
didn't know that that was what that button was for...THANKS!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bought my 07 daytona for 28k with 2k miles (1.5 years ago). It was brand new. I could have bought the srt8 for 38k at that time. But my reasoning was, why would I pay and extra 10 grand on a car the I am going to rip the motor out of anyway. I'd go with the 392 ( I am saving for 440).

·
Registered
596 Posts
In my opinion it all depends on the goal of your car, if you were to do performance, suspension, brakes, and exterior mods for looks (Wheels, maybe hood, etc) you may be better off upgrading. I looked at upgrading my brakes, suspension, and performance and for the cost I could have had a SRT8. I didn't want to trade because my car is paid off, and I knew the previous owner took care of the car I now have, and even today it only has 23k miles on it. I have SRT8 power now, wheels, hood, but not the brakes/suspension which would have put me over the cost of just upgrading. Like I said, it really depends on what you want to do with the car, if you don't plan on upgrading everything I just said, then maybe just keep your ride and put some money into it.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Your first problem is you titled a thread calling for voices of reason...here...:no: Second don't toss your car out if you are already willing to do a new engine. You could drop in the afore mentioned 392 and then after that bill is all settled maybe shoot for a Vortech or something and have a crazy beast of an RT. You've already made your car yours by modding it. If you're pretty much happy don't get rid of it. There are enough my RT is better than your SRT threads floating around to show you that RTs can be real animals. Don't sell your car for the SRT badge.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Your first problem is you titled a thread calling for voices of reason...here...:no: Second don't toss your car out if you are already willing to do a new engine. You could drop in the afore mentioned 392 and then after that bill is all settled maybe shoot for a Vortech or something and have a crazy beast of an RT. You've already made your car yours by modding it. If you're pretty much happy don't get rid of it. There are enough my RT is better than your SRT threads floating around to show you that RTs can be real animals. Don't sell your car for the SRT badge.
I agree, unless...wait...The SRT guys want to keep their club numbers down...Hmmm.

Really only you can make this decision, alot of pro's and cons have been presented, It's a tough one but personally I'm a fan of lower monthy payments.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well you guys have convinced me...I guess I can do more by just keeping what I have and work on improving that!!

If i WIN this $207,000,000 mega million jackpot tonight....free 392's (include labor) for everyone who commented on this thread...lol!!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Well you guys have convinced me...I guess I can do more by just keeping what I have and work on improving that!!

If i WIN this $207,000,000 mega million jackpot tonight....free 392's (include labor) for everyone who commented on this thread...lol!!
i'm holding you to that ya know:beerchug:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
didn't know that that was what that button was for...THANKS!!!
Yup...happy multi-quoting from now on! :rocker:

learn somethin new every day;)

yeah i vote 392, you'll be upgrading past SRT folks :beerchug:
A wasted day is when you don't learn something new! ;)

392...392...go, 392!!! :D

I would keep the car you have now (trouble free) and pay it off. I have thought about upgrading in the past but the balloon I'd be carrying into the new loan is just stupid. Anyway, my car is bone stock right now and I still love it! ÉJust imagine when I have a 392 in there (in a coupla years!)...unless you win that jackpot of course!

i'm holding you to that ya know:beerchug:
Hehehe...as am I!!!

Well then..........I guess ill leave a comment in here.....Hi.....have a nice day.....bye

:)
I believe you're too late now! I bet you read this thread or just passed over it until he made that comment eh? :lol:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts