Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been bouncing back and fourth with this and I'm hoping you guys could help.

I don't have alot of money that I can put into my Charger. It was hard to justify buying it with my wife in the first place, but she knew how much I wanted it and was cool about it.

Now because of bills and private school for our kid, I dont get to spend to much money on my car, whatever I do to it, I do myself and find a way to do it cheap!

My question is...I have about $400 (not much I know) to spend on my car. I put in an order for the Diablo programmer and I was going to install a 170 t-stat.

Now that It's taking so long I was thinking of maybe just useing the money to do something to make it look nicer instead. Like maybe Rear tail halo's, a rocker panel stripe. I am also contemplating color matching the top part of my tails instead of having them blacked out.

Dp any of you have an opinion or suggestions? What do you guys think I should do? Here are some pics so you know what i have to work with!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
i say stick with the predator and tstat, coz for me as much as i like the looks of my car, what makes me love it is the performance i get when i mash the pedal, and tbh the more the power the better.
but then again this is a matter of personal preferance :).

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
predator for sure.

then save the rest of your money to get a CAI. then you can use the tune built into the predator that takes advantage of your CAI. the "performance tune with CAI and lightly modified vehicles"

you can get an AFE stage 2 from Southern Hotrod for liek 250 big ones. which is a hell of a steal. this will give your car a bit more of a growl but nothing thats gonna annoy the wife or neighbors. fact it wont be noticeable unless your standing near the car and kknow what it sounded like before. and it will give you a couple more tq's and horsies. its just an all around good cheap mod for your engine. better filter quality too.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the opinions guys. Yea, I think that sounds like what I'll do, definatley the predator and then when I get a little more to spend I'll get a good cai. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts