Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a bra for my car for road trips such as the vegas run in a few weeks. I'm looking at this clear bra thingy on ebay for like $15....Dodge Charger SRT 8 2006-07 Clear Bra for your Hood.. the reviews are good from what I have read. Just not convinced yet. Anyone have any experience with this product on their chargers? Also, if not, what type of bra to go with? I will use it only for trips every now and again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well the bra ur talking about on ebay, is just a plastic sheet type thing usually made by 3M, that you cant even tell is on the car. If your looking for something you can take off whenever and put it back on whenever, get an actual leather bra. If you want a permenant solution get the clear bra. I wouldnt suggest getting it off ebay though. I would go to 3M directly or the dealer, and have it professionally put on.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! Now just tryin to locate an image of asrt-8 with a bra on if possible... no luck

·
Registered
268 Posts
Take a look at mine, yeah I know you can't see it thats the idea...Awesome mod, my front end is still 100% flawless. To see it you need to be about 2-3 feet away and know and look closely. Forget ebay, you have a nice car get it professionally installed. While mine was being put on it looked pretty involved and took a professional about 4-5 hours to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
interesting idea...

how is it to wash the car? and does water get under it and cause spots ?

nice car too ICE

·
Registered
131 Posts
While mine was being put on it looked pretty involved and took a professional about 4-5 hours to do.
WOW, if ya don't mind me asking how much did that install set you back?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I got mine from Dodge.com.Factory made, guaranteed not to harm car, my cost was about 280.00 but well worth it. I use it for trips, just as you would. Heres a pic. Has the Dodge emblem on the front and is leather. Installs in 10 minutes, unstalls in 3.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
im assuming you guys are talking about the rock blockers for the front clip right?? made by 3m? if so this is the way to go...while the leather bras are ok they seem to tap dirt and what not in there just causing headaches...but if you only using it for a road trip and arent keeping it on all the time then i would go that route...

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Yea, for trips only, not around town. The bugs that hit the front look like someone shot mine with a BB gun. The Yellow allows it to stand outOUCH!!!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
I'll throw my $0.02 in. I personally don't like the 3M bra, not because it doesn't protect the front end but I just don't like the look. I bought the Mopar bra and sent it back because I didn't like the fit or the attaching method. I just bought a Calgon bra (lower portion only) and mirror covers for road trips. I've used Calgon bras in the past with great success. The fit is great IMHO.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So how does one clean the bra and mirror covers after the road trip?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the clear bra on the whole front end plus my mirrors. I am having one panel replaced but it really does work on protecting the front end. On black you can see it from about 3 or 4 feet away but it is damn near invisible. People do trip when they seee it up close, they are..is that a scratch, but when I say what it is they are..wow cool idea. I dont like how regular bras look on cars and they can scratch the paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
3m

I went with the 3M clear bra. They are kind of pricey but a little thicker than some of them. I have been well pleased with it.

You can see it if you look close but doesn't look near bad as a regular bra.

I am trying to get a bra for my car for road trips such as the vegas run in a few weeks. I'm looking at this clear bra thingy on ebay for like $15....Dodge Charger SRT 8 2006-07 Clear Bra for your Hood.. the reviews are good from what I have read. Just not convinced yet. Anyone have any experience with this product on their chargers? Also, if not, what type of bra to go with? I will use it only for trips every now and again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts