Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I have to figure out how to mount this stuff. I just picked up my 100th Anniv RT last night, and I have to get all my gadgets mounted. I had a $90 Blendmount for my radar that will not work on the RT mirror. Looking for other solutions.

Also, I use an I/EZ Pass daily commuting to work. I usually have it velcro stripped to the windshield, but I am hoping for a cleaner option. I would prefer to not have anything attached to the glass, even suction cupped, since I will be getting my full windshield tinted.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas/tips/solutions they've figured out in their own cars that I could adapt and use on mine.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I usually hate everything that mounts to the windshield but have never really found anything that works as simple as the suction cup mounts for the EZPass

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up using one of those plastic velcro strips for the ipass directly behind the mirror. Most of the ipass is hidden behind that black painted part of the windshield, with only a little corner sticking out. I also got a visor clip for the radar detector. it's not ideal, but it'll work for now. Now I just need my brother to install my hardwire cable for the radar detector so I can get rid of the coiled cigarette lighter plug.

Yes, tinting your full windshield is amazing. I get a 70% tint so it's light and barely noticeable. I live in Illnois, so tinting windshields is illegal....but you can't even tell it's done unless you look super closely. Having your windshield tinted, even lightly, has a lot of benefits:

-Keeps interior cooler
-Keeps sun rays off your dash, less sun damage
-Driving at night is easier, cuts down glare from oncoming headlights
-Tinted glass is easier to keep clean, doesn't smudge or streak as much as bare glass.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I put my EZ-pass in the sunglass holder because I hate attaching things to the windshield. Have yet to have a problem with the scanner picking up my EZ-pass.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I also have a tinted windshield and would say it is beneficial. Obviously you don't want to tint it dark, but anything will help if it's quality tint. I didn't realize the windshield was tinted from the last owner when I mounted my radar with a suction cup, so hopefully nothing bad happens if I ever need to remount it. I had it stuck up there sloppily once on the long drive back from the dealer, and nothing came of that when I moved it.

It looks clean too because it's mounted so high next to the mirror.I use a straight cord for my cigarette adapter, but it's hidden everywhere up to the radar detector and looks fine... just using up a power source is all. I wanted to keep the mute button available and the direct wire wouldn't allow that, and I didn't know where I could tap the wire into too easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts