Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a AWD Charger so rims are hard to come by. I found these that I like only problem is they are to new so I cant find pics anywhere with them on a car nerveless a charger. They are conclave which I want. The rim I really want I need to jump up to a 20 inch and I cant swing that right now. The link is below just take a look and see if you think they would look good. My charger is black 2010 AWD. Thanks

http://www.hotrodhanks.com/products/wheels/productID/15071

·
Registered
296 Posts
I like black but a little more bling in them set them off. Far as size I would buy 18" over 19 or 20s, with better tire prices and selection. With rims being a big money thing I suggest you wait and get 20's if thats what you want. Waiting until spring for new wheels a good thing . When buying black wheels also think about cleaning and how easy it well be with design. the photo is my old 08 RWD with black rims 255-55-18

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like black but a little more bling in them set them off. Far as size I would buy 18" over 19 or 20s, with better tire prices and selection. With rims being a big money thing I suggest you wait and get 20's if thats what you want. Waiting until spring for new wheels a good thing . When buying black wheels also think about cleaning and how easy it well be with design. the photo is my old 08 RWD with black rims 255-55-18
Thank for taking the time. I like them up close but far away looks like a star a little. I was thinking more of a multispoke style might t look better on this model.

I was thinking 20' to fill in the wheel well more I have a huge gap in the back from top of tire to quarter panel it feels like. In your pick you don't have that and you have 18's

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Thank for taking the time. I like them up close but far away looks like a star a little. I was thinking more of a multispoke style might t look better on this model.

I was thinking 20' to fill in the wheel well more I have a huge gap in the back from top of tire to quarter panel it feels like. In your pick you don't have that and you have 18's
I'm with Wyoo. Given the expense, hold off until you can do what you really want to do. That said, you should know that 20" rims generally won't change anything to do with the gap. The rims are 2" bigger so the tires are 2" smaller. Swapping my summer 20"s for my winter 18"s has a fraction of a percentage change in circumference. Absolutely, positively nothing visible. Once you go to 22" or larger (also known as Silly Wagon Wheels) then the outside diameter has to change.

Personally I've never understood the gap bothering anyone. Looks normal to me. In fact, those cars I've seen that were lowered (another way of dealing with this) to fill it in have looked silly to me. Like dinky cars, with no intention of being real. Normal cars need vertical throw room and front tires need to be able to pivot in the well. But that's just me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts