Charger Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 charger sxt with 22 inch rims on it I bought it off some guy a while back in May like this and last week the tier on the front right side popped and I guess it was scraping something ? I need to get new rims because I'm guessing they don't fit the car ? And I'm wondering why and what will fit ? The rims are 22x8.5 and the tier was 265/35R22 I just need some help knowing why this happened and what to do an look out for ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Diameter isn't the problem. You are at 29.3" diameter. I'm at 29.38" diameter and I have not had a tire failure in 2 years. However, I did grind the upper ball joint stud off.

Go to the front tire that is still inflated and slide your hand across the top of the tire. If your little finger won't fit between the tire and the stud protruding out the bottom of the upper ball joint you may want to grind the excess threads sticking out.

I've never had a tire rub on the inner frame, wheel well, or the fender running the 265/45/20's which are actually slightly bigger than your 265/35/22's. I would suspect that the offset on the wheels you have is not compatible with the Charger and that is causing a rub. Another potential problem is a wheel bearing. If the balljoint stud I mentioned above was not ground off 1/4" and the wheel bearing fails, the tire can rub this balljoint stud and cut the tire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts