Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok well I am going to get my license this coming week (Im 16), and probably get a charger within a week or two of getting it. Now I'm supposed to be getting a Black 3.5L V6 (still trying to find one with good miles/ good price). Well since the V8 prices have been so low I thought hmmm lemme check out some prices near me....and well I've always been inn love with every Daytona R/T, and have found 3 with good prices/miles! (well i guess i could talk them down a few more grand) Anyways, I am going to talk to my parents about getting one of them instead of the V6, I need some pointers to help convince them on letting me get one. This is a really big deal for me so please no telling me I'm to young for a Daytona, V8, etc.

Some of the reasons I have already are:

1) The V8s have a better Resale value/Its a Daytona Edition with only 4000 made making the resale value even better.

2) The Daytona/V8s will hold up better in the long run compared to the V6.

3) Ill Make them a deal such as, If i get a ticket for speeding they can take the car away for as long as they feel necessary. Or just make up something saying I can set a Governor on my car with the predator at 75mph or something.:biggrinjester:

Here are the three Daytona's...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...n=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=8&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=74&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=12&standard=false

Thanks,
Mike :bigthumb:

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
leather, navigation, faster, will look cooler for your friends, you can win more money racing, better burnouts, when you drive home drunk you will get there faster with less chance of getting picked up by cops lol.....Ive always like the sublimes....but that gomango is god also....Ive never been a fan of yellow cars.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
leather, navigation, faster, will look cooler for your friends, you can win more money racing, better burnouts, when you drive home drunk you will get there faster with less chance of getting picked up by cops lol.....Ive always like the sublimes....but that gomango is god also....Ive never been a fan of yellow cars.
Haha Im in LOVE with the Top Banana...saw it the other day driving around too! tried cathing up but got caught at a light.

Lol, My parents were a little sketchy about me getting the 3.5 over the 2.7 but i talked them into it quickly, the whole spped reason is why, which the whole "racing" ideas are bad lol.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
How long you plan to keep the car?
I got my charger when i was 19 and it had to have a v8 so i understand where your coming from but then again do you really want to be in so much debt so young?
There are some real cheap v6s out there but if your like me and have to have a hemi and dont care how long you have to pay go for it.

Just looked at the daytonas, forget that! they are way too much. Just get a regular R/T for a lot less and make it look like a daytona. I got a bunch of stuff done to mine that makes it look like a daytona.

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
Haha Im in LOVE with the Top Banana...saw it the other day driving around too! tried cathing up but got caught at a light.

Lol, My parents were a little sketchy about me getting the 3.5 over the 2.7 but i talked them into it quickly, the whole spped reason is why, which the whole "racing" ideas are bad lol.
just get an srt....better suspension for swerving and avoiding small children in the road, side airbags, better brakes. Its a safer ride lol.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Hey as long as your responsible - go for it. i think that the 5.7l with MDS is more fuel efficiant then a 6 cylinder. with the weight of these cars, 6 cylinders is just not enough to efficiantly push these things.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my charger when i was 19 and it had to have a v8 so i understand where your coming from but then again do you really want to be in so much debt so young?
There are some real cheap v6s out there but if your like me and have to have a hemi and dont care how long you have to pay go for it.

Just looked at the daytonas, forget that! they are way too much. Just get a regular R/T for a lot less and make it look like a daytona. I got a bunch of stuff done to mine that makes it look like a daytona.
Well my Parents are paying for Half of it and i have the other half in my Bank Account, I'm sure I can talk them down to atleast 20k. Im going to be a Junior this year and plan on having it when i go into college.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just get an srt....better suspension for swerving and avoiding small children in the road, side airbags, better brakes. Its a safer ride lol.
Lol, I could only wish...Insurance is the biggest deal for me right now...Im looking at paying around 300-400/month. =[

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts

ahh ok? so it looks like a daytona on the outside, did you replace all the interior, is it leather and embroidered with "daytona"? is it numbered?

--- the op is using resale value for a limited edition as a selling point. grant it right now there isnt much difference but i guarantee you if he keeps his car for 10 years or so it will make a difference. Oh and op - dont upbadge. :slap:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Well my Parents are paying for Half of it and i have the other half in my Bank Account, I'm sure I can talk them down to atleast 20k. Im going to be a Junior this year and plan on having it when i go into college.
Well if your paying half...
You can get an SRT for those prices but if i was 16 with an SRT i would be getting tickets a LOT!

How many miles you looking at? I would still recommend an R/T and with the money you save, mod it :driving:

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Lol, I could only wish...Insurance is the biggest deal for me right now...Im looking at paying around 300-400/month. =[
that is a good point. with the 5.7 you are only classed as a sedan (lower rates) with the 6.1 you move up into the performance class.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
. Oh and op - dont upbadge. :slap:
Lol I would never even think about it...saw an SXT the other day with a SRT Badge lol...walked by it in the gas station to see a regular hood, SXT wheels, and cloth seats lol.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
ahh ok? so it looks like a daytona on the outside, did you replace all the interior, is it leather and embroidered with "daytona"? is it numbered?

--- the op is using resale value for a limited edition as a selling point. grant it right now there isnt much difference but i guarantee you if he keeps his car for 10 years or so it will make a difference. Oh and op - dont upbadge. :slap:
Make it look! not a replica. Im talking flat black grill, flat black spoiler, chin spoiler. Decals, i never really liked the daytona decals but i like the trunk blackout. He said he liked daytonas and forgot to add if you really like the colors go for it. The prices are still too high imo.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well if your paying half...
You can get an SRT for those prices but if i was 16 with an SRT i would be getting tickets a LOT!

How many miles you looking at? I would still recommend an R/T and with the money you save, mod it :driving:
The thing is my parents would never let me get an SRT8...thats why this is such a big deal for me to try and get a Daytona.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Lol I would never even think about it...saw an SXT the other day with a SRT Badge lol...walked by it in the gas station to see a regular hood, SXT wheels, and cloth seats lol.
you seem like a pretty smart dude. If it were me looking for a car, and my choices were a rt vs daytona vs 6cyl with comparable prices that i could afford. it would be a daytona - no brainer. on this site i see all sorts of people doing mods that come stock with a daytona. as for your parents, i am sure they know you are a smart guy so the argument may not be as hard as other people have. whether you go daytona or r/t, the hemi is a much more sought after motor then any v6. better quality and it has a name. yea might sound stupid but if you choose to sell it, it will have much better value. not only that but if our new president has his way, the days of making v8's could be numbered. which means if you have a v8 and they are not making them any more - you could be in a good position.
--jmo

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Make it look! not a replica. Im talking flat black grill, flat black spoiler, chin spoiler. Decals, i never really liked the daytona decals but i like the trunk blackout. He said he liked daytonas and forgot to add if you really like the colors go for it. The prices are still too high imo.
i getcha. :beerchug:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you seem like a pretty smart dude.
Thanks, it means alot comming from adults because i really do think of myself as more mature and ALOT street/book smarter thank most 16 y.o's. I have been on the forums a few months and come every day and will sometimes spend hours just reading about stuff...its crazy how much i love this forum/members/charger :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I just noticed prices are kinda high where you live. I just found a TB for 22k with only 11.5k miles around where i live. Are you in a huge rush to buy? If not be patient, i see new members getting such great deals. Someone i know local to me just got a new 2009 Charger R/T for 17.5k, i almost cried.

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
^yea prices are going to be more expensive down there...I would search all over....it may end up being cheaper to take a little trip.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
^^^ good pint Mik3y and walding - OP, dont be afraid to look out of state. if you can find a car that is 2-3k less in another state then it would be worth a one way plane ticket and a road trip.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts