Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm wanting to change it up a little. I'm going to remove ALL vinyls on my car, including the Hemi hood and Daytona vinyl. What do ya'll think? Good idea, bad idea, leave it as is? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Sent from Galaxy.....S4 that is

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I like it as it is man, I know the urge to change comes up time to time. Just means ya gotta do something under the hood!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I wish. With Christmas this coming week, it's hard to set aside money for an engine mod. The Predator being first on my list. I wish I hadn't sold mine.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't need it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Personally, I've never liked the Daytona hood decal, but the rear quarter one looks good as well as the trunk black out.

So how about a good wash, claying, polishing, and wax? That usually does it for me when I get those urges. It looks like a brand new car when I get done and makes me smile all over again. Maybe that would do it for you?

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Razor, for how long have those vinyls been on your car?

If it has been long, the only 'issue' I can think of is ghosting.
- If so, get ready to go to town with regards to polishing...

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
You should be proud that you are a numbered few who own the Daytona. Why make it look like a plane jane Charger. You want a stripped down version by an SE.

Big John

·
Registered
924 Posts
Leave 'em. I love my Charger now that I have graphics on it and wouldn't want to be naked again lol.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
If it is an original Daytona I don't think I would remove the decals. Maybe if you were going to do some custom paint like spraying the hood, roof and trunk flat black.

You could remove the decals and de-badge it. But then people would think it was an SE, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I get wanting something new. Returning from removing the decals will be hard though. I suspect they are around $500 or so for new decals. Not sure.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All valid points. But I can't clay bar it cause clay gets under the vinyls which is annoying. And yes ghosting is something that worries me. Although I am proud of my Daytona, I'm looking to make it look more streamlined. Minimal...

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Engine check!!! Well my friend the best of luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yeah I think ghosting might be a big issue. We all know that red is one of the worst colors for fading over time. I think it looks good the way it is, but I see your point. I am that way as well. Kinda get sick of the same look year after year and want to mix it up a bit. But like someone said, if that is a factory look.......I would keep it that way. JMHO.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Thought u needed some coin man, dug in my pockets and found a quarter.
So i flipped it, tails u change it, heads u dont, didnt bother checking it cuz who the hell cares what a quarter says!
dont change it, it looks good, and makes yours unique that way. I always see chargers, and each one has something different and unique. Drove around a town in a 5 Charger posse to and fro, for a cruise and show, every one of us had something to look at, people couldnt stop staring back and forth.
i see chargers around town, stock, non stock, and I love all the small and large differences. Im sittin in my charger staring at other chargers, i look like ive never been in one before lol!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think you would be going backwards taking off vinyl, it looks great. What about adding more, like on rockers or black roof?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I think you would be going backwards taking off vinyl, it looks great. What about adding more, like on rockers or black roof?
X2......there ya go razor.....do the roof in black vinyl!! good idea there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts