Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone would have a couple of 245/45/R20's laying around with decient tread. I need tires but dont want to spend alot until I decide if I am going to get new rims. Let me know!

Thanks,

Jenn

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone would have a couple of 245/45/R20's laying around with decient tread. I need tires but dont want to spend alot until I decide if I am going to get new rims. Let me know!

Thanks,

Jenn
How long do you have before needed, I'm contemplateing getting wider on at least the back for now and would have the takeoffs.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
you dont want 255/45 ?'s

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long do you have before needed, I'm contemplateing getting wider on at least the back for now and would have the takeoffs.
Well, asap. The ones I have on the front are totally shot. lol dont know why, I am a good girl when it comes to my driving. :rolleyes2:

When are you thinking of doing the switch? What would you want for them?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you dont want 255/45 ?'s
That is another issue. I am looking at possibly getting now wheels, have not decided on what yet. I need 2 decient treaded tires to get me by. The 2 tires on the front are totally shot and my rears have a lil tread left. I dont want to get all new tires and then find the rims I want and end up wanting different rubber on them.

Long story short, I would go with 245's or 255's to get me by. The replacements are going on the rear so noone will be able to tell a difference.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Have you checked with any of your local tire stores for some used tires? That would save shipping, etc., and should last you until you get the new ones.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Have you checked with any of your local tire stores for some used tires? That would save shipping, etc., and should last you until you get the new ones.
Thats probably a good idea

That is another issue. I am looking at possibly getting now wheels, have not decided on what yet. I need 2 decient treaded tires to get me by. The 2 tires on the front are totally shot and my rears have a lil tread left. I dont want to get all new tires and then find the rims I want and end up wanting different rubber on them.

Long story short, I would go with 245's or 255's to get me by. The replacements are going on the rear so noone will be able to tell a difference.
I just looked at mine and I still have pretty good tread left, so it would be alittle before I change, sorry for jumping the gun, But, if you are looking at rims I would suggest no bigger than 20's anyways, most Ive talked too that went bigger changed thier mind, robs power, handling and noise + ruffer ride.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well, asap. The ones I have on the front are totally shot. lol dont know why, I am a good girl when it comes to my driving. :rolleyes2:

When are you thinking of doing the switch? What would you want for them?
You should have your tie rod ends checked.

·
Registered
264 Posts
They are probably Shot because she rotated from Rear to front after doing burnouts, LOL

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL no tierod ends are good.

Update: i am just keeping the rims I have and getting all new tires. The tires will be here Friday. No burnouts on these! To expensive. Good thing is I am getting all new tires for under $400. And going with 255/45/20's vs. the 245's.

·
Registered
264 Posts
LOL no tierod ends are good.

Update: i am just keeping the rims I have and getting all new tires. The tires will be here Friday. No burnouts on these! To expensive. Good thing is I am getting all new tires for under $400. And going with 255/45/20's vs. the 245's.
What did you get and from where, Pm me if you want

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am getting hankook ventus as rh07's. There is a place in Stillwater, Direct Discount Tire. 367.72 out the door, mount, balance and tax.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am getting hankook ventus as rh07's. There is a place in Stillwater, Direct Discount Tire. 367.72 out the door, mount, balance and tax.
You can't beat that!
:clap::clap::bowdown::jawdrop:

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well an update to the update. I am a lil mad......I got to thinking; what a great price. Why is everyone else I call so much more expensive. He priced me 2 tires and not 4. REALLY...I guess to some a set of tires means 2....I thought it ment 4. Well its double that and I am taking my business somewhere else. I spoke this guy (the manager) 3 times today and he kept confiming the price and it was a full set. O and he told me as a lowpro high proformance tire it had a 70,000 mi rating. I did some looking and its rated as an SUV/Light truck tire, not a proformance tire.

I hate people that do business that way. I am not a moron, or I dont think I am at least. UGH!

Sorry for the long rant. Lil mad!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well an update to the update. I am a lil mad......I got to thinking; what a great price. Why is everyone else I call so much more expensive. He priced me 2 tires and not 4. REALLY...I guess to some a set of tires means 2....I thought it ment 4. Well its double that and I am taking my business somewhere else. I spoke this guy (the manager) 3 times today and he kept confiming the price and it was a full set. O and he told me as a lowpro high proformance tire it had a 70,000 mi rating. I did some looking and its rated as an SUV/Light truck tire, not a proformance tire.

I hate people that do business that way. I am not a moron, or I dont think I am at least. UGH!

Sorry for the long rant. Lil mad!!!
Mad, Heck Id be more than that, There are too many Scrubs out there,
I'm sorry now youve become a little more wary, Eh

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mad, Heck Id be more than that, There are too many Scrubs out there,
I'm sorry now youve become a little more wary, Eh
O u bet I have. I am going to a company in Ponca now. I have a good friend that deals with them and they are putting me in to 4 Kumho for about 730.00. He also warned me about this other place in Stillwater, he had a bad experience with them but I did not listen. Now I defently will.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Quite a few of the tires that work well on our cars ARE rated as SUV tires! It is, after all, heavier than most of the "small" SUV's! :eek:

I have the Yokohama Parada Spec-X, 255/45/20, and they're listed as SUV tires. I LOVE them! They are especially good in rain! :clap:

·
Registered
502 Posts
O u bet I have. I am going to a company in Ponca now. I have a good friend that deals with them and they are putting me in to 4 Kumho for about 730.00. He also warned me about this other place in Stillwater, he had a bad experience with them but I did not listen. Now I defently will.
4 Kumho Extsa ASX at tirerack = $480
Shipping = ~$100
Installation = ~$100

Total = $680

So $730 isn't too bad of a price.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts