Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad has a buick riviera boattail 72 he wants to install some hydraulics there are some hydraulics for $1367 it pro hopper make, but I dont know why are they so cheap, there are some hydraulics that just move the car body but I want the hydraulics that make the car jump but I dont know which to buy. Im kind of no satisfied cause how can it be that some hydraulics kits cost $1367 and some airbags cost $2000. ANY ANSWERS OR OPINIONS PLEASE NOTES THEM DOWN PLEASE!!!!!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
LOL, your lucky I found this thread, I had a 91 Lincoln Towncar fully juiced with 3 pumps and 12 batteries, There are plenty of good Hydraulic kits cheap as hell, there were great kits 10 yrs ago when I had my car for mid $800 range, they should deff be cheaper now. Hydraulics are alot cheaper then airbags b/c basically they break all the time, leak oil all over the place, and outdated technology

To make the car jump, depends on how many batteries, LB springs your running, and what reinforcement you have under your car frame. To make the front end really hop you need a full stack of heavy duty coils in the front, 8-10" cylenders, a 2 pump setup with 6-8 batteries, and 14-16" cylenders in the rear. if your running 13x7 or 14x7 spokes, extend the A-Arms and deff reinforce the frame. If your looking to "3 wheel around corners", you need a rear chain bridge. With 2 pumps you can only put up a 3 wheel around corners, If your looking to sit in 3 wheel, park the car in 3 wheel etc, you need a 3 pump kit minimum. If your looking to hop the entire car off the ground, you need minimum 6 pumps, 14 batteries and a shyt load of custom fabrication on the frame

Why would you post this on chargerforums anyways lol?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, your lucky I found this thread, I had a 91 Lincoln Towncar fully juiced with 3 pumps and 12 batteries, There are plenty of good Hydraulic kits cheap as hell, there were great kits 10 yrs ago when I had my car for mid $800 range, they should deff be cheaper now. Hydraulics are alot cheaper then airbags b/c basically they break all the time, leak oil all over the place, and outdated technology

To make the car jump, depends on how many batteries, LB springs your running, and what reinforcement you have under your car frame. To make the front end really hop you need a full stack of heavy duty coils in the front, 8-10" cylenders, a 2 pump setup with 6-8 batteries, and 14-16" cylenders in the rear. if your running 13x7 or 14x7 spokes, extend the A-Arms and deff reinforce the frame. If your looking to "3 wheel around corners", you need a rear chain bridge. With 2 pumps you can only put up a 3 wheel around corners, If your looking to sit in 3 wheel, park the car in 3 wheel etc, you need a 3 pump kit minimum. If your looking to hop the entire car off the ground, you need minimum 6 pumps, 14 batteries and a shyt load of custom fabrication on the frame

Why would you post this on chargerforums anyways lol?
what do you recomend me then air bags or hydraulicsa my sdad wants airbags but If yuo say that hydraulics brake all time I think Ill go with the air bags. And I post this in this charger forum cause I dont have another site that I can tell people . but thanks for the answers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do you recomend me then air bags or hydraulicsa my sdad wants airbags but If yuo say that hydraulics brake all time I think Ill go with the air bags. And I post this in this charger forum cause I dont have another site that I can tell people . but thanks for the answers.
I just want my car to jump alittle but I dont want it to jump all of the ground just a normal hop like about a meter or so not more than a meter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts