Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short.. or at least shorter...

I've gone for two test drives now, and I just gotta have a Charger. I was soooo disappointed when the exact one i wanted disappeared off the dealer's lot before I could get permission from the Boss (I took the wife for a test drive after "my" car was sold, and now she wants one, too). So anyway, I've been searching dealer stock all over the country. I've found THE EXACT CAR (omg, i can't stand it! I just GOTTA HAVE IT!) at a dealer 700 miles away. I have very good flight benefits, so I really don't mind traveling to buy. The problem I'm concerned about is the break-in period. Can someone please post the recommended break-in technique and number of miles? 700 miles is a long way home...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
245 Posts
FloorPizza said:
Long story short.. or at least shorter...

I've gone for two test drives now, and I just gotta have a Charger. I was soooo disappointed when the exact one i wanted disappeared off the dealer's lot before I could get permission from the Boss (I took the wife for a test drive after "my" car was sold, and now she wants one, too). So anyway, I've been searching dealer stock all over the country. I've found THE EXACT CAR (omg, i can't stand it! I just GOTTA HAVE IT!) at a dealer 700 miles away. I have very good flight benefits, so I really don't mind traveling to buy. The problem I'm concerned about is the break-in period. Can someone please post the recommended break-in technique and number of miles? 700 miles is a long way home...

Thanks in advance!
Drive it like you stole it I did mine and it seems to be just fine. As everyone says it learning that first 1000 miles and you want to be a good teacher don't you?? LOL I'd go easy on her under the first 200 miles but after that open her up.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I prefer to folllow the book. but even so, you should be fine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the input, gents...

What does the Book say? I'd really like to know what the factory recommended break-in procedure is. If it isn't conducive to a 700 mile ride home from the dealer, I'll start making alternate plans.

·
Registered
630 Posts
For the 700 mile drive home, just vary the speeds you go. Don't always drive with the cruise control on. Turn it off occasionally and either go a little slower (not too slow if you are on the interstate) and sometimes bump it up. I believe the thing you don't want to do do the entire 700 miles at a constant speed (RPM) with little variance. When you stop for your first tank fill, stomp on it and let it hang out getting back on the highway. Just don't over do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts