Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping there is some support for this issue. I upgraded my Charger RAQ (6CD/MP3) stereo to the Charger R/T NAV system, and the dealer replaced the factory Silver Bezel with Flat Black. Stating the Silver Bezel that fits the NAV system is only available on cars coming from the factory with NAV installed.

I kept the original RAQ radio and Silver Bezel, but the Black Bezel that fits the NAV system is unacceptable to me.

If anyone can tell me the P/N for this silver bezel I would greatly appreciate it. Please note: Dealers now use the VIN number of your car to look at the OEM parts installed, therefore when I request the part my car shows the original Silver Bezel for the RAQ system. The dealers keep asking me for a VIN from an R/T that had NAV and Silver Bezel from the factory. They could then determine the P/N of the bezel by looking at the OEM parts for that car.

So if there is a special friend of a fellow R/T owner out there, who has the NAV with the Silver Bezel, could you do me a favor and call your dealer with your VIN and ask for the Silver Center Bezel P/N... then post or relay it to me... As I said I would be very appreciative... Providing me with your VIN would also work, but most people do not like to post their VIN.

My email is: [email protected]

Thanks so much!! I LOVE the R/T Charger!!

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am definitely hooked... after kickin my first 05 Pony/GT's ass the other night and now getting quick responses from other Charger owners... What can I say Mopar R/T Chargers and their owners rock!!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
TommyLee said:
The part number you are looking for is 0XB311ZBAA. This is the Satin Silver surround for the REC Nav unit...
Tommy,

The number you quoted is listed for the 300 only in the Mopar accessory catalogs. There may be a difference in clips, etc. Not 100% sure though. I'll check at work tomorrow. Just FYI, there is a carbon fiber bezel that is going to be available soon. It hasn't been priced yet, but you can see it pictured with the nav radio in the Charger accessory brochure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
nate1602 said:
Tommy,

The number you quoted is listed for the 300 only in the Mopar accessory catalogs. There may be a difference in clips, etc. Not 100% sure though. I'll check at work tomorrow. Just FYI, there is a carbon fiber bezel that is going to be available soon. It hasn't been priced yet, but you can see it pictured with the nav radio in the Charger accessory brochure.
They are the same. I assure you. There are no differences between the 300, the Magnum, and the Charger.

·
Registered
79 Posts
TommyLee said:
They are the same. I assure you. There are no differences between the 300, the Magnum, and the Charger.
Tommy, I stock all the bezels. I compared all the part numbers and took a picture to show the difference. Hopefully it turns out, this is my first attempt at attaching a picture here. As you can see, the vents on the Magnum / Charger bezel are horizontal and the 300 vents are vertical.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nate-Tommy, Thats a great picture! Thank you very much for posting it. The Black one in the photo is the one the Dealer installed. I know the Satin/Silver one exists because it resides in all new Chargers with Nav from the factory. Hopefully with all your resources we can come up with the proper bezel and I can then order it from you or Tommy or get my dealer to put the right one on.

I appreciate the time and effort you both have put into this, and thank you very much.

We will get it resolved...

One proud Charger owner!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THe P/N's I received from Lee's parts somewhere in Texas are:

1CB321ZBAA
or
1CB331ZBAA

I have no way to look these up to see if they are correct, other than my dealer telling me they are not the right ones... Maybe with your systems you can look at these P/N's for me.

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
nate1602 said:
Tommy, I stock all the bezels. I compared all the part numbers and took a picture to show the difference. Hopefully it turns out, this is my first attempt at attaching a picture here. As you can see, the vents on the Magnum / Charger bezel are horizontal and the 300 vents are vertical.
Nate, I absolutely wasn't thinking about the center clock on the 300's. Great pics, and thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nate - Tommy,

So is this Bezel available or how do you recommmend getting one? Just curious... Eventually I will find one... I appreciate the work you both put into this!

Chargin06!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nate - Tommy

As a follow-up it looks like the P/N 1CB331ZBAA is the correct number according to makeitmopar.com (which is also a huge dealership in Texas). They went out to their lot and found an R/T Charger VIN from a car with NAV and Satin Silver Bezel, then did a part look-up for the number. It currently is not available in the Dodge Online Catalog, but according to their parts man they can still order it and get it within a week or so. I believe I am going to try that route...

Thanks for all your time and effort!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One last post. If you need parts for your Charger, including accessories, go to makeitmopar.com. They are a huge Dealer that provides huge discounts on everything they sell. For instance the Silve/Satin bezel I ordered was 74$ list but they discounted it to 56$. These guys are incredible and went way out of there way to make sure this Charger owner was happy. There online DB does not include 2006 parts yet, but you can call them and they will go out of there way to make sure you have what you need. Also even though the online catalog does not show 2006 as an option yet, if you already know the p/n you can enter that directly on the main page and it will look the part up. If there is nothing found call them.

I am very satisfied, and I found the right dealer with the right prices on all mopar accessories.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chargin06,

Thanks for the info regarding makeitmopar.com. They do indeed seem very helpful!

One question for you regarding your NAV REC install. Did you order your NAV REC radio from makeitmopar.com, or did you get it elsewhere. Did your radio come with the wiring harness required to connect it with your sound system? We've purchased a NAV REC radio off e-bay, that's a factory new unit, but we're not sure if it's coming with the correct wiring harness. Do you have any information on part numbers for your system, specifically part numbers for wiring harnesses?

Also, did you install this yourself or did you have your dealership do it? If you installed it yourself, what was involved?

Thanks again for your previous info!

Tom

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tom - I ordered the REC Nav System the day I bought the car from the dealer. It arrived from the factory 4 days later, the dealer installed it. I have the original RAQ (6CD/MP3) radio and silver bezel at home. I looked at it and there seems to be a plug for the harness and a separate plug for the antennae. As I understand it the (3) versions of the radio, all plug into the same factory harness. Options/Pinouts for the various options, such as those for the Electronic Covenient Group II are already built into the harness. My car has the ECG II and the Sound Group II, and I had no problems with all features continuing to work properly upon adding the REC/NAV System. If you bought the NAV on EBAY and it is in fact the FACTORY REC system then, you should have no issues, popping the bezel off and inserting the REC system into the factory harness. If you have the ECG II then you will see options for the REC/NAV show up on your mini computer.

NOTE: If you have the standard radio (single CD) or the upgraded RAQ (6CD/MP3) and you are upgrading to REC/NAV, YOU WILL have to replace the center bezel. The REC/NAV is larger than the stereos and requires a new bezel. My Satin/Silver bezel is due from UPS today. I will let you know if it is the correct one. However, when the new NAV was installed the dealer put in a flat black NAV bezel, which I abhored... Thus sending me on the merry-go-round to find the proper silver bezel...

Good Luck! My 06 Midnight Blue Charger is a dream car... I LOVE IT!!!!! You will love the NAV system as it really makes the car so much more enjoyable. Considering it not only gives you maps but gives you all the information you need on SAT Radio songs and artists, and if your MP3's are up to date with proper tags it shows all the data for each MP3 too! You can scroll up and down through about 200-250 MP3's on 1 CD, picking and choosing the songs you wish to play. I LOVE IT! Had to travel to my son's college and needed a hotel, the NAV took me to the front door!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chargin06,

That is EXACTLY what I had hoped to hear! Thanks for the good news. I had followed your previous posts regarding the silver bezel and have already talked to both Sam and Damon at makeitmopar.com. You are correct, they are very helpful! I mentioned to Sam your post and he said that you had told him you'd pass some business his way. I think he's appreciative!

To anyone interested, they really are helpful. I am also interested in putting in the rear seat DVD system and a uconnect system, and Sam spent some time today tracking down the ordering info and posting it to their web site. So, now, makeitmopar.com has a Dodge Charger section! As of now, it just lists the DVD and uconnect, but Sam says he'll eventually post much more!

Thanks again!

Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chargin06,

One more thing, I dont suppose you have any idea how to get the bezel off. (dont suppose you watched? :) ) Feeling a little nervous about diving right into our brand new Charger with a tool... :confused:

And, yes, we're looking forward to all the bells and whistles the NAV system will bring... It'll be nice to have more information than the EVIC can display.

Thanks again!

Tom

·
Registered
245 Posts
ninerjoe said:
Where is the Charger section? Couldn't find any mention of the Charger, and when you start a search by year you only get 2005 and older.
Go to makeitmopar.com.
scroll down to the middle of the screen, and see a section called Mopar Accessories.
Click on DODGE, and you're there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts