Charger Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Sounds like maybe a bad batch.....all the 275/40R20's I've used have been awesome, even in snow.
Could be. I haven't looked in a while but at the time (3-4 years ago) it seemed like there were certainly complaints about balance issues to be found with them around the internet.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Also, I never spun out or anything, but I did find it quite comical how little traction the factory Michelin hxmx4m touring tires (or whatever they were) had, particularly if the road was at all wet.

The dws06 tires were great in the wet. So far the Michelins have been fine, but haven't had them in as bad of a scenario as I did with the Continentals.

I'd still suggest a 255/50r19 size. Diameter is within a couple thenths and gives you more contact patch with the wider tire. I think 235s are far too narrow for a vehicle of this size.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've had good experience with conti DWS/DWS06 and the general Gmax AS-05 (conti owns general). and I also stand with Nokian WRGx series tires, especially if you don't want to have to switch to snow tires in the winter. they won't last quite as long as the conti's (got over 50-55k miles out of my contis, and about 40-45k on the Nokians on my wife's minivan

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
As a follow up to my previous posts, I ended up with a set of Michelin Primacy tires in the 235/55/19 size. At present, I have 13ish K on them, and no complaints.

They get rotated at every oil service, as the OM recommends.

Don

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I am running the General G-MAX AS-05 and am impressed how they own the rain. Wear is doing well considering I drive spirited. I'll be doing pretty good on the warranty pro-rating on the next set.
My "only complaint" is flat spotting after sitting 24hrs but it goes away in a mile. I'm told most Ultra Performance All Seasons are prone to this.

Do you guys running the DW06 get this?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I am running the General G-MAX AS-05 and am impressed how they own the rain. Wear is doing well considering I drive spirited. I'll be doing pretty good on the warranty pro-rating on the next set.
My "only complaint" is flat spotting after sitting 24hrs but it goes away in a mile. I'm told most Ultra Performance All Seasons are prone to this.

Do you guys running the DW06 get this?
My continentals did flat spot. Hard to tell if it ever went away since they had continual balance issues though. My michelins also seem to do this at times, but usually goes away after a while.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Only have DWS on the Ford and they do flat spot but mine is very minor and drives out in a couple miles. I run DWS off sets in the summer and swap to the factory size DWS for late fall and winter and all of them act the same way.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Only have DWS on the Ford and they do flat spot but mine is very minor and drives out in a couple miles. I run DWS off sets in the summer and swap to the factory size DWS for late fall and winter and all of them act the same way.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll never go back to 235's again. On the 235s I always felt on the verge of drifting. These 255's provide the extra traction and stability I need for the mountain's tight cornering around hairpin curves.

Installing Mopar CAI today 🤗

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm not a big on maxing out the twisties, and next tire change according to if General will let me pro-rate to a Continental or if the price break is minimal I'll try the Continental PureContact LS. I see good feedback on the tire.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts