Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got the stage II, and there's a step where it says to carefully unlatch the red clips from the wiring connectors, and then remove the connectors. The problem is, I've unlatched the red clips, and those things aren't moving. I don't want to pull to hard and break something. Anyone who has experience with this, please help? Thx

Jweland

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Ah, gotcha, no problem. See, the red clips are really locks. There are also black tabs. In most cases, "above" the red clip. Depress that, it should unlock the connector. Wiggle, but dont force.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it! It's in, and I just took it for a ride. Not a substantial difference, however, I can chirp the tires now when start on a straight away(without using the brakes) It might be a slight improvement, but I'll know as the car adjusts. I'll keep everyone posted since I know there are mixed reviews about these chips.

Jweland
Charger R/T w/Road & Track Perf. Package
Brilliant Black Crystal
Mopar CAI
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Stage II Jet Chip
Dynatech Supermaxx Headers(ON ORDER)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd like to hear how you feel in a week or so. A friend with an R/T is considering a stg2 as well.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
another question that i just thought of, did you run your tank down and fill up on 91oct. yet? i hear from others that you get the best results on the stg 2 with 91oct gas. i wonder how much of an impact this has on peformance gains from the stg2?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, no real noticeable differences yet. Maybe a little, but it's difficult to tell because I've only driven about 15 miles. I also still have 89 Octane in my tank. I'll fill up by tomorrow with 91, but even though the Jet said to use 91, the manual advises against it. Any thoughts on this? I'm still going to probably use 91, doesn't seem it would hurt it. I'll then post more result on any significant gains. :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
does the manual give a reason not to use the 91oct....hell if says not to - i guess i wouldn't use it.

i could swear that people said to use the 91 with the stg II though......even one of our vendors if i am correct

oh, one last stupid question from me that others may want to know about - have you disconnected the battery for 15 minutes after doing the mod?....for alot of us to see 'results' after mods you have to disconnect battery and then drive it like you stole and you may see better results..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, the directions instruct you to disconnect the battery while installing, and not reconnect until you are complete. I did that, and this morning I disconnected it again for about 1/2 hr and reconnected, so I'll let you know.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
thanks man i really appreciate all the info........

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GoDaddy said:
thanks man i really appreciate all the info........
No problem. Hey, let me know what you think of your GSM Mod. I'm thinking about getting that one too.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
its gonna be a little while....we are currently displaced right now after rita...i checked on the ups website and noticed that nothing is being delivered until lake charles has power so........hang in there and i will give my opinion on this in a month or so hopefully

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I have it also, at minimum you need to run 91 octane with the chip, or the engine will detune itself. I noticed that after about 3 days of driving the car got stronger each day, until I got the car running the way I thought it should. Same here, much more able to chirp the tires, but the overall, was racing my friend in his mustang, and we used to be even steven up to 80mph, now I jump a car and a half on him, and then after 80 I start to pull away from him.

I said the same thing the first day I installed the chip and then did not notice any stronger pulling up top. Filled with 91 the next day, and noticed a little bit better running and a little higher rpms before it shifted into 2nd. Third day, while driving to work, and then I nailed it, and my friend and me said that it felt noticably stronger than before.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Someone needs to do a before and after Dyno with the Jet stuff. Thier reputation sort of demands it. Say a week after installing it to let it settle in.
I will never buy from Jet untill there is proof it actually helps (most of thier stuff when tested actually lowered HP).
Butt dyno's are nice, but very subjective (ie a clean car run better than one thats dirty). If you expect to see an improvment, you will see one. Thats human nature.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Darnice said:
Someone needs to do a before and after Dyno with the Jet stuff. Thier reputation sort of demands it. Say a week after installing it to let it settle in.
I will never buy from Jet untill there is proof it actually helps (most of thier stuff when tested actually lowered HP).
Butt dyno's are nice, but very subjective (ie a clean car run better than one thats dirty). If you expect to see an improvment, you will see one. Thats human nature.
i too would like some solid numbers but i think those numbers need to come from the track.....we have had a few conversations about dynos on this forum and i just don't trust them (as others on here don't either), the numbers can be manipulated a little too much....

on the other hand many have said they feel the difference and hodgeee's experience makes me want to jump up and go buy one...nice post man!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI Folks,
I just got my Mango Daytona #0469, Thinking about some mod's too, I'm under the impression the computer uses speed density for an intake measurement, not mass air. If this is true the intake filter mods could throw a check engine light??? On the new exhaust, have any of yall had problems with the O2 sensors and mounting?? Does the Jet chip disable any of the undesireable effects of the drive by wire, torque management systems, Gotta be able to heat the tires once in a while to bracket race. What ya think. Gotta love these cars. Good new days are here.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GoManGo said:
HI Folks,
I just got my Mango Daytona #0469, Thinking about some mod's too, I'm under the impression the computer uses speed density for an intake measurement, not mass air. If this is true the intake filter mods could throw a check engine light??? On the new exhaust, have any of yall had problems with the O2 sensors and mounting?? Does the Jet chip disable any of the undesireable effects of the drive by wire, torque management systems, Gotta be able to heat the tires once in a while to bracket race. What ya think. Gotta love these cars. Good new days are here.

Thanks for the input
Not that I'm aware of. No O2 Sensor problems, or torque management issues.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have k&n cold air intake, and flowmaster catback exhaust, and stage 2 jet chip, no codes at all, and every mod made a small difference but added all together, the car feels faster to me and my friends, I have dynoed the vehicle and showed 301hp at the tires, which I heard is about 30hp over stock. If this is true, then obviously I got a gain, but racing my friends mustang is what finally got me believing my money was well spent.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hodgeee said:
I have k&n cold air intake, and flowmaster catback exhaust, and stage 2 jet chip, no codes at all, and every mod made a small difference but added all together, the car feels faster to me and my friends, I have dynoed the vehicle and showed 301hp at the tires, which I heard is about 30hp over stock. If this is true, then obviously I got a gain, but racing my friends mustang is what finally got me believing my money was well spent.
screw it, tomorrow i am ordering one - hope they deliver to hotels! and on a side note.....i called my loan companies b/c of the hurricane and asked them if i could defer one month until we are on our feet and back in our house......they gave me 3 months...i already payed the accrued interest over the phone....sooooooo.....can anyone say dynatech headers......

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 1 week old Stage 1 Jet Chip for sale. I liked it so much I purchased the Stage II. It's the 90404 For Dodge Magnum/Charger 5.7L Hemi. New it's $309.95 but I'll part with it for $250. Comes with original box, manuals, etc. MINT. Drop me a line blakesweb(@)mac.com.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts