Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Xentec HID 6000K 55w kit for my 2014 Dodge Charger. I purchased my highs and lows (9005 & H11). I installed my low beams and they seemed to work fine. I installed my highs and they just flickered then shut off and stayed off. I left my low beams in and i was on the free way and they both just flickered and went out. I panicked and luckily i reinstalled my stock brights and turned them on. I've come to realize that i more than likely need an Error Code Eliminator (ECE). But, I'm confused because when I go to buy an ECE, I look at the description and it says for 35w ONLY. (1) Will these ECE's still work since I have a 55w? All the descriptions also say for 9-16V and mine are 9-16V. (2) Also, do I need to purchase the relay harness? (3) Also, am I able to install both the ece AND the relay harness into my HIDs? (4) Last question, when purchasing these, will I need a total of 4 ECE'S and 4 relay harnesses? One for each high and low light? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really naive at all this. Thanks so much in advance! :smile2:
Drake

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
You need a better brand than Xentec HIDs. You will have problems in the future. You need 4 ECEs if you do not run a harness.

For your low beams, get a morimoto canbus harness with the ECE built in, which will allow you to power your headlights. Then run 2 ECEs for the highs and you should be good to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts