Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so just recently i had my car taken to the dealer to address some warranty issues. I has a loose rearview mirror, some weather stripping was coming off, back windows stopped rolling down and i had water getting into my front left headlight...well i got a call from the a day after i had dropped it off with some shocking news. Not only was my car a rental car befoe i bought it, but the mechanic said that it had been in a accident and had some work done on the front in. Now i had no idea about this because the dealer said it was a certified preowned vehicle, which i assumed that it was previously owned by somone NOT a rental car company. Wel they never mentioned anything about the rental car of the wreck so i did a carfax report and sure enough it says rental for 1y in hawii and had accumulated all the miles it had when i bought it. I does not, however, mention any wreck. The mechanic said that most rental car companies fix it themselves so it does not go on a report. My question is this:

Being that i bought the car in July 06, can i take any action against the dealer provided i have no paperwork stating a wreck had happened or it was a rental car from when i bought it, because if they had told me there is no WAY i would have bought the car. Even if it hadn't been in a wreck.

Sorry for the long post but this has me pretty irrate, any help will be more than appreciated....

·
Registered
80 Posts
You have every right to be upset, but I'm not sure there is much you can do about it this long after the sale. Vehicle histories are considered public record and easily accessible through CarFax and other sources, so the argument would be made that you should have researched the vehicle before you bought it. I realize that's no help to you now and it does nothing to make up for you being lied to by a dealer about the car's history.

As for it being "certified", now if it really was certified through Chrysler's CPOV program you would have some strong legs to stand on if it was previously wrecked! The thing is, it probably wasn't an actual Chrysler CPOV, but what instead the industry calls a "program car" - a vehicle purchased by your dealer at a Chrysler-sponsored auction for lease and rental fleet turn-ins. Being purchased at a manufacturer auction does not make a car "certified" contrary to what some believe. It does mean that factory reps ok'ed the car to be resold, but that inspection process is very quick compared to CPOV certification.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

that sux

I would contact a lawyer, you know how lawyers are, they are pheening to make a case of the smallest things

All i know is, I would loose sleep everynight from the moment I found that out

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Contact the consumer regulatory agency in your state, contact the dealer about the "Certified" part. And scream bloody he$$.

..NO. don't do that. Just tell the dealer if he doesn't make it good that you will file a complaint with the BBB, they have to reply to them if they are a member. file a complaint. contact Attonary(sp). If it was mine. Lots of money there, Also contact the finance company, they have an obgligation on the car too. they can bring pressure on the Dealer.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I doubt any lawyer will help you, doesn't sound like any money would be made
from this. It sucks but it sounds like a case of buyer beware, the dealer
said it was used, I don't think they have to tell you who. As far as the wreck
so long as they didn't tell you it wasn't in a wreck and it was fixed properly
I also doubt you can do much. That said talking to the dealer may get you
somewhere but legally IMO there's nothing they did wrong. Morally? probably,
since they know most people would have felt the same as you do now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts