Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This part got loose and transmission fluid is coming out of it.I had a mechanic i know look at it and he said there wasn't supposed to be fluid coming out of it.He said i would have to rebuild the transmission.I would want to fix the problem.I really love this car.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
What?

So because a hose came loose you have to rebuild the transmission?

Why do I feel like an idiot for even responding because all of these new threads by people with 1 post are spam anyway.

Reactions: 779REALHEMIBEE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What?

So because a hose came loose you have to rebuild the transmission?

Why do I feel like an idiot for even responding because all of these new threads by people with 1 post are spam anyway.
I dont know much about cars so i posted this to try to get some help.Does anyone have any clue

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Sorry I do not know. Some of these transmissions have an overflow but am not sure that is the hose location. Or it could be a hose going to the trans cooler. Have you traced where it ends.

What year and version Charger do you have? Sxt, r/t, scat pack, etc. That will aid identifying the transmission you have.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I dont know much about cars so i posted this to try to get some help.Does anyone have any clue
If you're an actual person I won't be a dick, it just seems that the majority of these threads anymore are spam. As for that hose, I don't know how they can just tell you that you need to rebuild your transmission without saying why.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy said because there is fluid coming out of the white part and he said if there is fluid then i would have to rebuilt it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I do not know. Some of these transmissions have an overflow but am not sure that is the hose location. Or it could be a hose going to the trans cooler. Have you traced where it ends.

What year and version Charger do you have? Sxt, r/t, scat pack, etc. That will aid identifying the transmission you have.
I have a 09 dodge charger sxt 2.7l

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
Unless it's disconnected, it may be the overflow. Has anyone bothered to check the fluid level??????

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am not a dodge mechanic however it looks like a trans vent to me .
Just locate it higher than the trans and you should be ok unless it starts pushing out trans fluid.
If you just let it hang the fluid could drain out the hose as fluid always seeks the lowest level simple gravity applies

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Were you having transmission problems before this hose popped off?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I would trace the line and see if it goes to the trans cooler.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Howdy I have a 09 Superbee and I have the same hose. Do you have a picture of the cap as the local dodge dealer can't find a cap part number, they tried twice and received the wrong part. Mine is missing its cap. thank you for your help on this.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
This part got loose and transmission fluid is coming out of it.I had a mechanic i know look at it and he said there wasn't supposed to be fluid coming out of it.He said i would have to rebuild the transmission.I would want to fix the problem.I really love this car.
That's a transmission vent line.

While it could be a major internal leak or failure causing the problem, it's just as likely to be that your transmission is overfilled or your filter is plugged.

Find a trustworthy mechanic and have him (or her) check the fluid level according to the proper procedure. If the fluid level is correct, I'd try dropping the pan, changing the filter and refilling.

·
Registered
338 Posts
This is one of those jobs best handled at the dealership. I wouldn't trust a side mechanic or even most general auto repair shops. The dipsticks are special tools that Mopar sells for $70 each believe it or not. Some of the cheap $20 imitations have been known to get stuck. Dealers for sure have the special tool. Mine was leaking like 14 months after a new transmission. It turns out it was overfilled so they pumped out some of the fluid. Once they make sure your fluid is at the right level, go to Home Depot and pick up a 48" zip tie. Check the fluid when the transmission is cold and mark the dipstick. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts