Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get any opinions about vehicle transportation. I just purchased my first Charger and want to have it shipped from Houston, TX to Memphis, TN. I checked ticket prices to fly down and drive it back.

From the information I have researched, it looks as if it would be cheaper to hire a transportation company to have them use an open carrier and bring it to me. The flight to Houston would be $275-$350, depending on how soon I book. Assume, 2-3 stops to fuel up, and I'm in the $500 ballpark. The average transport is around $450 for door to door moving. (found a lowball of $290 and as high as $920)

My question is, has anyone had experience transporting their car and does anyone have recommendations for a good company to use? I am itching to get behind the wheel of my new ride and will make a decision within the next couple of days. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Sorry o help here I'm up in Canada
But personally for $500 I'd definitely be doin a road trip, gotta be some nice wot spot on yer way home give ya a chance to get to know yer new car

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Same price, ROAD TRIP!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
http://www.uship.com/vehicles/

Let the shipping companies bid on your transport. I just had a charger shipped from CT to VA for $300.
Obviously you've never watched "Shipping Wars". Those guys are a bunch of effin retards! The only thing I'd allow them to touch is something I wanted to collect insurance on. They are true idiots.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Obviously you've never watched "Shipping Wars". Those guys are a bunch of effin retards! The only thing I'd allow them to touch is something I wanted to collect insurance on. They are true idiots.
Ummm, those guys don't actually ship, they're just a website that allows you to put where your car is and where you want it to be.

Alpine Auto Transporters is who actually shipped my car. No damage, next day here, called me and/or emailed me when they received payment, when they got a truck, when they picked it up and about 2-3 hours prior to it getting to my house.

If that's not good enough, then don't use them. Easy 'nuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe me...I would love nothing more than to head out and make a road trip with my new ride. :driving: Problem is, I'd have to wait even longer to plan some time off and make this happen. I DO have to work so and my schedule is not as flexible as I'd like. I could make it happen, but it would be another week or two before I could get off.

I will definately look into Alpine, as they were not one of the companies that sent me a quote. (as opposed to the five billion other shippers that have bugged me non stop! hahaha!) I went on that shipping site and punched in my info...thank GOD I used an alternate email account! Spam for DAYS!!!

Anyway...I am still searching and if anyone has experience or suggestions please, keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Ummm, those guys don't actually ship, they're just a website that allows you to put where your car is and where you want it to be.

Alpine Auto Transporters is who actually shipped my car. No damage, next day here, called me and/or emailed me when they received payment, when they got a truck, when they picked it up and about 2-3 hours prior to it getting to my house.

If that's not good enough, then don't use them. Easy 'nuff.
lol - ok the "shipping wars" comparison was lost on you too. Oh well. I guess I watch too much tv!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Go to your local auto auction and ask them for recommendations. Auction companies, like Manheim Auto Auctions, have a series of regulations the transporters have to follow so most less responsible transporters don't transport to auctions.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts