Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of axis ordens (20x8.5 all around) and went to my local pep boys yesterday to get a new set of lug nuts... the clerk told me that these would do the trick... not so sure about them, I really need your expertise and opinions!

http://www.rallymfg.com/V1/productdetail.php?SKU=90546

the package says 12mm x 1.5 Mag Wheel
and says "This lug nut & Wheel lock is set to be used in mag wheel aplications- ally wheels with round recessed seats only"

WTF? could someone explain to me what does this means?
thanks!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Wrong Lug Nuts!!!!!!

look at your new wheels were the lug nuts sit-is the hole were the nut luts touch the surface of the wheel flat or tapered? it should be trapered-almost all mag wheels are other than steel wheels and some truck wheels that run shank type lug nuts. 12x1.5 means this [12 is the stud thread size=12mm and 1.5 means how long the lug is to fit the wheel stud lenght] right now you need to go back to pep boys and tell that LUG NUT that sold you those lugs that they are the wrong ones!!!! :lol: your cars take a 14X1.5 AND THE ONES YOU HAVE WONT FIT-SO STOP JACKING YOUR CAR UP JUST TO FIND I'M RIGHT:grin: . you need 14x1.5 tapered lugs

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
the picture that is shown on that web address you gave is of a shank lug nut and not the right ones if thats what they sold you. the ones you need look just like the stock ones other then they wont have a rised ridge or lip on them like the stock ones so they will be slimmer and fit in side the machined wheel lug hole if the lugs arent covered by a cap- but if the wheels have a cap over the lugs then you can use the stock ones.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Go to discount tires and take one of your rims with you. They can sell you lugs that have a thinner profile. As a matter of fact, it uses a 19mm socket. You can choose the open back or closed. I went with the open back because I have center caps. Either that, or you can order some from Gorilla. They are about $40 for the kits for our cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts