Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little history of the car first
2006 Charger RT 5.7lit
6.1 lit valves, push rods, springs, roller rockers, non mds lifters, Comp Cam shaft (mdl# 112-501-11)
JBA shorty headers and high flow cats to a dual cat back exhaust.
CAI, BBK 85mm throttle body, MDS coil over packs, 180 stat, TCS 2800 stall converter.
Custom tune running 94 octane in Canada
Other stuff but nothing more for the engine I think.
My question:
I will be installing a torqstorm supercharger in the spring and will require:
Upgraded fuel rails and injectors (Any thought on this would be much appreciated as I have no idea what size I should be using)
I need an inter-cooler (Again any ideas of make and models would be great)
I also need an upgraded fuel pump (ideas??)
Should I or do I need to upgrade the fuel lines to braided??

Thanks for reading this and I hope someone may have done a similar setup and can provide me with some knowledge

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Djalbin
Thank you for the response.
I have reached out to them but there response was.
You will want to add fuel injectors, and fuel pump to make more power and a 2 bar map sensor to read the boost correctly. An intercooler and the plumbing to and from the intercooler to finish it off.
They do not supply any of those parts so that's why I'm reaching out for some ideas and parts numbers.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
If TorqStorm does not have any recommendations, I guess your options are to contact a shop that is experienced with installing Hemi superchargers or look at the other centrifugal supercharger kits and see what they include with their kits (injectors, etc...). A ProCharger supercharger is one brand you can research. The centrifugal superchargers perform differently than the positive displacement superchargers (Magnuson, Whipple, etc...) ... so only research other centrifugal superchargers. You will definitely need a custom tune to go with the supercharger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the suggestions.
I was just hoping to hear from someone that has already done this to there car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts