Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hoping you can help.

I have an 06 SRT with the factory 6 disc changer and factory sound system with kicker in the trunk.

I noticed the other day the sound was off a bit so I started trying to isolate why. Here is what I have. My rear most speakers sound muffled, like I have pillows over them or something. Sound comes up, but almost like not everything is feeding through to them, just the low end.

As well, I have noticed that in my equalizer settings that I can adjustment balance, but eh sound does not change from left to right....sounds like it is permanently centered (though the indicator on the deck is moving).

Any thoughts? Only upgrades I have done is installing the factory VES system, other than that, pretty much the factory installed system.

What should I look for, where do I start?

Should the speakers sound this way? Its like a wire shorted out, or came loose, but not sure where to look first.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out

·
Registered
440 Posts
what was it?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Default mode on the amp...so.e surround sound setting. It locked in the equalizer . Turn the radio on with the car off and the turn the volume up two notches then down two notches and it resets

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Default mode on the amp...so.e surround sound setting. It locked in the equalizer . Turn the radio on with the car off and the turn the volume up two notches then down two notches and it resets
Should the car be completely off or on ACC with the key so that the radio is powered?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The key in the on position...but the car not started. Then two clicks up and two down dis the trick...you will here the sound go dead for a second and reset

Reactions: Ddaddy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts