Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my loudmouth II yesterday so I started taking off the stock exhaust myself. I have the car on jacks so it's a PITA trying to work under there. I have the exhaust out of the hangers but cannot get them to slip out of the X-pipe. I was trying to get the entire cat back to come out in one piece but I will probably have to unbolt after the cats. May have the X in a bind because of the weight hanging down. Anyone else have a problem doing this?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Mine only had 2000 miles on it, had to use large rubber mallet to knock it loose. Also where the splits are on the x-pipe, spread them open with a screwdriver. If your system has been on there for many years you may need to heat w/ torch tgo break it loose. Don't give up !!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
my R/t system separates before the x pipe. so i took like a 1/2 inch thick board and stuck that in the "crotch" of the x-pipe and hit it with a mallet so i was pushing the system backward. don't let the system hang down when doing this you need to have it aligned when you are pulling it off. To me this is the only way of doing it. you cant just pull and shake it loose because the cats move with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts