Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-are tranny & powerstreeting fluid the same??
-i got a 3000 stall torque convertor. does it always start engaging @2500rpm ?? or do u think they sent me the wrong torque convertor on accident??

thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks alot guys for ur help :(

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
please tell me you put [MOPAR] TRANS FUILD IN IT! remember it's a mercedes trans and takes a special blend of fluid. and how did you fill it-what i mean is did you use the trans check tool and a hand held temp sensor to adjust the fluid level? also how long has it been installed and did you do a TCM UP DATA? WHO'S THE MAKER? you do know that mopar makes a different tcm for the stall that they offer.

·
Registered
352 Posts
please tell me you put [MOPAR] TRANS FUILD IN IT! remember it's a mercedes trans and takes a special blend of fluid. and how did you fill it-what i mean is did you use the trans check tool and a hand held temp sensor to adjust the fluid level? also how long has it been installed and did you do a TCM UP DATA? WHO'S THE MAKER? you do know that mopar makes a different tcm for the stall that they offer.
Know where I can get a tool to check the level?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
MILLER tools is the maker of the tool for chrysler tech's. you can get it from the dealer [stealer] or go to millers web site and order it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fluid= i dont know what kind of fluid they put back in to be honnest with u. I trusted that they will use the proper fluid just for the fact people calim they are the best in the city.

if they used something other than mopar fluid does that mean the tranny is going to effed up???

Filling= the shop that i got it done @mentioned that i have to go eventully to the dealership and get it checked to make sure its totally good. They used a special dealership dip stick to get it as close as possible.

my original question was : are the tranny & powersteering fluids the same ??
and if different what are the two types and why would they be same color??

I also called up percision industires and they explained why the stall locks up early when driving normal and how it stalls to 3000 or higher while flashing @ full thottle. so now i know why there's a difference , so i aswered my second question.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well to answer your question-no and yes:lol: not all cars take the same for the sterring as the trans-BUT-on our cars it does.
oh thank god because i was a little worried. so the only thing now is for me to bring it to the dealership tell them i put a cooler on and that i need them to top off the fluids. I wont mention the torque convertor though just for warranty reasons. this should be a lesson for all those people planning to get a highstall t.q. and to be honnest i didnt think it was going to be this complicated at all. In a way it made me realize to look into things better before taking **** apart..

thanks everyone :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts