Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
It time for me to buy new tires. I have Continentals which now are shot. Only 26,000km on them. I guess I should stop doing break stands. Oh well! Anyways, I went to Goodyear and they suggested Eagle F1's. My tire size is 225/60R/18. Apparently they don’t come in that’s size. So I was told I could use size 225/50ZR/18. Goodyear told that it would be ok. So I called around to different tire shops to get the best deal. I found the best price, but the guy said that they were too small for the car. It would throw my speedometer out and the abs would be messed up. So my question is, who is correct. The guy from Goodyear or the guy at a private tire shop? :knockout:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I Had Goodyear Assurance Put On To Replace The Roasted Cont's Way Less Traction But They Fit. I Ended Up Putting The 20's That Came On My Dads Daytona On Mine After A Few Months With Avon Mtech Tires An The Onle Neg Is Now When I Try To Take The 25mph Corner At 65 Theres A Lil Slip In Front Tires

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey everyone,
It time for me to buy new tires. I have Continentals which now are shot. Only 26,000km on them. I guess I should stop doing break stands. Oh well! Anyways, I went to Goodyear and they suggested Eagle F1's. My tire size is 225/60R/18. Apparently they don’t come in that’s size. So I was told I could use size 225/50ZR/18. Goodyear told that it would be ok. So I called around to different tire shops to get the best deal. I found the best price, but the guy said that they were too small for the car. It would throw my speedometer out and the abs would be messed up. So my question is, who is correct. The guy from Goodyear or the guy at a private tire shop? :knockout:
The guy from Goodyear is an idiot. The guy at the private tire shop is correct.
You need 225/60/18's unless you have a Diablo to reprogram the ecu.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Stick with the 225/60R16
If you are looking for a very quiet and comfortable tire check out the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity.

Want a more aggressive tire? Try the Yokohama H4S or the Avon Tech M550.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Daytona Tires

As long as we are talking about tires, I need some advice. I have a 06 Daytona and have about 45k on the original tires and am looking for new tires soon. I have Pirelli Scorpions Ice & Snows on wheels for the winter. I want to stay with the stock size, 235/55/18 and am looking for a quiet and good wet and dry traction. I do a lot of highway driving and at 63 I'm too old for agressive driving. Had a 1969 440 Charger and bought the Daytona for my retirement gift too myself. Any tire advice please reply. Thanks Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts