Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm far far away from my chargers manual and well im far far away from my Charger :(

I have a Daytona 5.7 '06

Can someone please post how much fluid I would need for Engine, think it was like 7 quarts

Tranny, Power Steering, rear end gear lube, weight also, I remember Engine Oil being 5w20 I believe

I'm destined to be with my car soon and want to show her a good time with a bunch of new drinks :p yea I know, im pathetic!! blahaha:driving:

Also, for the power steering and tranny, would ya'll recommend I take her in to get it flushed properly, or can I actually refill these both myself?

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
I'm far far away from my chargers manual and well im far far away from my Charger :(

I received your PM about the same time I saw this post so here goes!

I have a Daytona 5.7 '06

Can someone please post how much fluid I would need for Engine, think it was like 7 quarts

7 quarts is correct. The manual suggests SAE 5w20 ECII oil. We at BND Automotive LLC produce an SAE 7.5w23 ECI Competition Formula Hemi MDS 5.7L oil. It allows the MDS to function normally, absorbs more heat and dissipates it better while not shearing thermally or by viscosity to protect and quiet your motor effectively for 10K miles. We make it in gallon increments so 2 gallons would be supplied. This month we have a 10% discount so your price is 12.56 per quart or 100.48 for the two gallons.

Since you would use 7 quarts the total oil price would be 87.92 with one quart left over for topoff during the 10k miles.

Tranny, Power Steering, rear end gear lube, weight also, I remember Engine Oil being 5w20 I believe

The transmission uses ATF+4 transmission fluid from the OEM.

We produce a NAG1 W5A580 ATF+4+ that is designed for heavier duty use with more friction modifiers that can withstand more heat and friction with an additive package which keeps the modifiers from cooking out allowing for cooler operation, better heat dissipation and firmer shifts while protecting the gears, mainshafts and internal components. If you are looking for a pan drop filter and fluid change, then you will need 2 gallons of trans fluid. If you are doing a full trans flush at a dealer or transmission shop, then you will need 3 gallons of trans fluid. $50.24 per gallon x 2 or x 3 depending.

On the differential, it recommends a 75w140 synthetic gear lube GL5. We produce for all the differentials a 75w115 MT1 GO-J GL5 differential fluid that contains tackifiers that allow the gearlube to stay on the gears, side gears as well as the ring and pinion. Really important to keep the fluid on the gears for Ultra High Pressure EP-2 type so that it remains quiet and protected while having less parasitic losses due to viscosity. Viscosity isn't protection, film strength is.

I'm destined to be with my car soon and want to show her a good time with a bunch of new drinks :p yea I know, im pathetic!! blahaha:driving:

The only pathetic ones are the ones that totally buy into the owners manual completely and exclusively believing only what is in there. Remember that it is a guide not the law. There are many things that the automotive engineers are not aware of that come from the military and aerospace industries that..... had they been made aware of...... might have then incorporated into the Owners manual (guide) and conversely into the cars from the factory.

Also, for the power steering and tranny, would ya'll recommend I take her in to get it flushed properly, or can I actually refill these both myself?

As far as the steering system, we manufacture the QuantumBlue Steering System Lubricant Catalyst that protects the centering bushing in the rack, the inner and outer rack seals by conditioning them appropriately keeping them from cracking and tearing the lips off of them, and also the teflon spool valve area so that the rack will last much longer. It is an additive and not necessary to replace the fluid. We just make it better by simply adding two oz to the fluid to permanently protect...at least until you blow a hose or open the system for repair of some sort. This is why we provide enough material for 3 treatments for the single price.
Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040:bigthumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts