Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just Bought a 07 srt8 charger in june and im wondering if anybody knows what is the best exhaust system for the srt8 charger? Also does anybody know what is the best cold intake system there is for the srt8?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I don't think you'll get a fair answer in either question because everyone has a bias on that one. A better question would be "what are the most popular intake and exhausts to get for an SRT-8?"

-I've had an AirRaid previously and it was OK. The scoop is a bit gimmicky but it's there nonetheless. It's a popular setup
-I got the AFE intake and was much happier. My car felt a bit snappier with it.
-I have the Corsa exhaust on my car. It was designed by Corsa in conjunction with DCH. I feel it is a fantastic system and I have had many of them on my other vehicles. By far, it was the best fit and sound of any of them. Other people have tried Magnaflow and Zoomers with success as well. The Mopar system is the same system as the Corsa minus the name. SLP also makes a new Loudmouth system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This question could garner a million diffferent answers. Research is the best key. Talk to people who have the products, venders, and take your time in choosing. Rushing to buy something can be your biggest mistake. Also be competetive with pricing. I shopped around for a week to get my exhaust, but I saved $400.00. You also need to know what you want the car to do, especially when it comes to headers. Long tubes vs. shorts, pipe diameters on exhaust and materials are all considerations. This forum has helped me a ton with the choices I made as much as my own knowledge. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Congrats on the purchase first of all, you made the right move!!! Back when I purchased my SRT8 I queryed the forums on the Air Intake and I went with the AIRAID W/SCOOP.....seems to be a very popular set up, check out:

http://www.airaid.com/350-193_dodge.asp

On the exhaust, well there are some differant very well recognized schools of thought as I see it, some of us prefer a quieter cabin and no drone because of the fam/ladies in our lives and others want flat out raw get out of my way rip up the highway exhaust sound. On the tamer side I chose CORSA as my choice and quite a few of us have this system. I shopped around and got mine for about $500 less then most of the going rates at the time. Check out CORSA's site:

http://www.corsaperf.com/srt8.htm

To close here is a video of an SRT8 with the CORSA Exhaust for you to review. Good Luck and have fun!!!!!!!!!!

http://s82.photobucket.com/player.s...20Corsa%20Exhaust/MOV00576.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I have a K&N 63 Series CAI and MagnaFlow exhaust. I'm very happy with both.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Regarding the CAI, don't bother with the AFE. Do a search with key words "rubbing AFE". AFE has not stepped up to the plate. They are aware of the rubbing issue and have done nothing about it. I just keep getting the run around with the customer service. The vendors here and other sites are also aware of this problem but still sell the product. Profit comes first:devil:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Airaid or AFE intake. I have had both. Currently have the AFe. The rubbing issue can be solved easily...the AFe comes with a nice decal, I placed it where the rub is and guess what no marks lol!
As far as the exhaust goes...I am running Bassani and love it. Sounds great. i do have a sound clip but I cant post it on this forum.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Airaid or AFE intake. I have had both. Currently have the AFe. The rubbing issue can be solved easily...the AFe comes with a nice decal, I placed it where the rub is and guess what no marks lol!
As far as the exhaust goes...I am running Bassani and love it. Sounds great. i do have a sound clip but I cant post it on this forum.

Wow, so if someone sold you a piece of S***, but put a "nice decal" over it to cover up the issue you would buy it? Please tell me you are not in charge of quality control for a production company.. :devil:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
"Best" depends on what you are looking for? Better sound? Louder? No Drone? Quiet? Free flowing? Track queen or street machine? WHat are you looking for? What makes these the "best"?

·
Registered
64 Posts
look , I like to follow success...look at what the big dawgs are running and follow their lead....I chose Airhammer and just orderd Billy Boat exhaust....At the recomendation of a cat that knows...

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Wow, so if someone sold you a piece of S***, but put a "nice decal" over it to cover up the issue you would buy it? Please tell me you are not in charge of quality control for a production company.. :devil:
Ouch someone is having a bad day lol! I am just saying if you use your head you wont have any issue with the AFe. Mine looks as good as the day i put it on, no marks. I have had 3 intakes..Airaid (likes it but got rid of it because it wouldnt work w/ the strut bar, Injen, and now AFe, and I will say the AFe, sounds and performs the best of the three.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts