Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to install a drop down monitor/dvd player in the rear of my 06 Charger R/T. Has anyone ever done this themselves or is it better left to a pro? I am fairly technical...just don't even know where to start.

If anyone has ever done this or knows of a walk through guide somewhere I would appreciate any help I can get!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I am looking to install a drop down monitor/dvd player in the rear of my 06 Charger R/T. Has anyone ever done this themselves or is it better left to a pro? I am fairly technical...just don't even know where to start.

If anyone has ever done this or knows of a walk through guide somewhere I would appreciate any help I can get!

I dont have this done but i do have 8 screens in my Charger so i have some info for ya.

It looks like it would be easy enough i would take off the A pillar on the passenger side first. If you dont already have a Y splitter you will need one I assume you have an after market head unit. On the back of the headunit there will be Video out. Plug in the Y Adapter (this is assuming you have more then 1 screen if you only have the one then forget the Y adapter) Mounting should be fairly easy just make sure you DO NOT GO THROUGH YOUR ROOF!!!

As for power i would tap into something that runs on accessory power (Dome Light, Cigarette lighter...ect.

I would say take a clothes hanger and put it near the A pillar and push it towards the metal tape your wire to it and pull it back out that should Fish your wire back to the A pillar, Run it down the A pillar and under the dash right to the back of the Head Unit.

I hope somewhere in here i answered some of your question lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am assuming I would have to take down my entire headliner, which I am also assuming is a complete pain in the @$$.

Where did you get your headrest screens and did you install them yourself? This would be an option for me as well...

·
Registered
951 Posts
I am assuming I would have to take down my entire headliner, which I am also assuming is a complete pain in the @$$.

Where did you get your headrest screens and did you install them yourself? This would be an option for me as well...

Ebay.

Not sure about removing the headliner.
I know you can pull it down enough to fish the wire just dont know how the install kit looks like from the Monitor.

The Headrests i got from ebay they came with the 7in screens already installed in them, however they came in leather, i dropped them off and had them wrapped to match the dodge fabric.

The AV and power wires run down the tubes and out the bottom of the seat. for this you will need a Y splitter... Otherwise you will need to invest in a

5 Port Powered Video Splitter

EDIT: Yes me and my Father Installed every screen in the car.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you happen to know who you got them from on eBay or what brand they are? I am just wondering if all seat headrest posts are the same width apart...or how I can gaurentee they'll fit. If I get the screens with an integrated dvd player, I think that I will just need to supply power to each screen, no splitters involved.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
That one in the trunk...do you actually watch anything on all of them? The one in the driver's side sunshade seems an incredibly dangerous place to put one.

·
Registered
951 Posts
That one in the trunk...do you actually watch anything on all of them? The one in the driver's side sunshade seems an incredibly dangerous place to put one.
I only turn the screens on while parked at car shows.
I have been winning Best Audio Video a few times now since the trunk has been redone.

as for the drivers side.. well i dont watch it and drive so i flip it up if the other people are watching (Headrest)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.