Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some info from a Canadian Dealer.

I am having a debate on another forum about the base price of an R/T vs the Daytona. The Charger website for Cananda (www.dodge.ca) shows that the two versions have the same base price (see Price & Build). Can one of you dealers up there fill me in on why this is or what the true facts are?

The R/T shows this (remember folks, Canadian Dollars):
Base MSRP: 37,550.00
Destination: 1,200.00
A/C Excise Tax: 100.00
Sub Total*: $38,850.00

The Daytona shows this:
Base MSRP: 37,550.00
Destination: 1,200.00
A/C Excise Tax: 100.00
Sub Total*: $38,850.00

So what gives? Is there some law or policy in Canada that is different from the US? Do they really sell the R/T and Daytona up there for the same price?

Another thought is that maybe what they mean is that since the Daytona is an R/T that they have the same base prices, but are not including the $$$ that it will add to get the 28V group (what makes it a Daytona) instead of the 29N.

Your input will be appreciated. I would call or visit a Canadian Dealership personally, but I am down here in Colorado, so that would make for a long trip. I really do want to dump this on the guys lap and stick my "virtual" out at him, otherwise I will have to eat crow.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I asked the people at Maple Ride Chrysler in BC and they confirmed that it must be a mistake. He even said that if I can buy one at that price, he'll pay me C$10,000 more to buy it from me. With the limited number of Daytonas we're getting up here, plus all the extra standard equipment, he figures it to be at least 10 grand off.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SOLD! said:
I asked the people at Maple Ride Chrysler in BC and they confirmed that it must be a mistake. He even said that if I can buy one at that price, he'll pay me C$10,000 more to buy it from me. With the limited number of Daytonas we're getting up here, plus all the extra standard equipment, he figures it to be at least 10 grand off.
Thanks for the leg work there SOLD!. I had figured as much. Not surprised that with only 200 being available for the entire country it would have a premium on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts