Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was driving today with my ESP Disable switch on and when I stepped on the gas it seemed as if it was going to dwonshift but it didnt! Instead it seems like it shifted to nuetral and the CEL light came on. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Check for codes. With the car off, turn the ignition acc-on-acc-on-acc-on

Important: do NOT turn to start while doing this, just acc and on.

The odometer should change to ---- then cycle through any codes that are recorded, then indicate dONE. Post the codes here and we can try to decipher them.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it was the switch.....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check for codes. With the car off, turn the ignition acc-on-acc-on-acc-on

Important: do NOT turn to start while doing this, just acc and on.

The odometer should change to ---- then cycle through any codes that are recorded, then indicate dONE. Post the codes here and we can try to decipher them.
Ok I did but nothing happened????

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I will keep trying and yes it is still on.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright it finally happend I guess I was waiting to long to switch from acc to on. Nothing came up onle ------ and then done. It chimed like 6 times and thats it.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
well hopefully the CEL clears itself in a few cycles...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I am going to end up taking it to the dealer so they can put a scanner on it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok that was weird I was driving my car around taking care of some things before I took my car in and the CEL went away before I could even get it to the dealership. Weird I guess I will just have to keep an eye out in the future, and also I never was able to pull a code from it even with the CEL on.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts