Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, This is my first time on the forum. I used to be on Challengertalk when I had my 2010 PCP R/T Classic. Now I have a 2012 Charger SE Blacktop that I bought new, and I have a major problem!

I was driving it last Sunday, and it was snowing. I came up to a stop sign, and it felt like the antilock brakes applied. I didn't think anything of it as there was snow on the ground. I went to take off and the engine just revved when I pushed on the gas. I revved it up to around 3k and it started to move. I finished driving home the other two miles, but I had no low gear.

I pulled into my drive and put it in park. Went in the house, then came back out to check it out. Started the car, put it in reverse, and it popped in neutral. The check engine light is on, it won't go into reverse, and it has no low forward gear. Any ideas? Just don't want to go to the dealer and get blindsided. It's a 3.6, 8 speed, with 32500 miles.

Sorry that this post is so long!

·
Registered
244 Posts
That sounds like a problem that only the dealership can fix unfortunately. Thankfully your car is still under the bumper to bumper so anything they find they fix for free.

Good luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sounds like it's in limp mode - locked in second gear - which is why you didn't move until you revved it high. Bad condition to be driving in. You could try disconnecting the negative battery cable for five minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts