Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have got my CAI on and Tues getting the Magna catbacks put on, I want to go ahead an order the Dynatech SuperMaxx headers.

Ok, taking a stock charger, then putting on the Magnaflow exhaust, which header makeup do I need? I keep hearing of shorties and long tubes, etc, etc, and really don't know much about them, this is why I am asking.

On the GSM website, there are even two flavors two choose from:
2006 Dodge Charger Hemi SuperMaxx Headers w/stubs
-and-
2006 Dodge Charger Hemi SuperMaxx System

Basically I am asking, what do I need for a complete fit onto what I already have?

How long would it take a service shop to install these?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey man back on checking on the forum...i will give you a basic rundown of what i have read really quick.... if you live in cali then you are required to put on the shorties (gibson) it has something to do with the high flow cats and the emissions standards.....we don't live in that situation (you in virginia and me in louisiana) so we can go either way...the gibsons are cheaper.

dynatech has two systems (sort of).....one system is without the high flow cats and would require you to put the stock cats back on....the other system is the complete setup with high flow cats.

me personally man, i am going with the dynatech headers with the high flow cats...guys with the mags that are using the dynatech/high flow cats with cai and aftermarket exhaust are seeing 30-40hp power gains with additional 40-50 torque...these are dynoed power gains.... gibson is suppose to make similiar power gains.

i am going with the dynatech/w high flow cats personally - although the hurricane will definitely hinder when i can get them......

there is a video/sound clip of the complete system on a mag....it is incredible sounding.....think nascar!!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
oh holy hell......i had saved it to my computer, that one is packed up....mmmmmm....it was on lxforums.com....let me see what i can come up with for you.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude, did you see that 14.04 run on the link that you posted? The clip says it stock "bone stock" actually. That is badass!

·
Registered
600 Posts
all you gotta do is sit back and let her do all the work.... ar we talking about the same heads here????

·
Registered
600 Posts
sorry i just had to say it if no one else was gonna lol

·
Registered
549 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
milkdud99 said:
all you gotta do is sit back and let her do all the work.... ar we talking about the same heads here????
what no one thought that was funny?

i need to get a better batch of jokes i guess lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am thinking we got it but no one wanted to laugh out loud about it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts