Votes: 11 31.4%
  • SuperBee interior with BT goodies

Votes: 1 2.9%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mod budget just got WHACKED! Was planning on cam/heads/headers/cutouts getting ordered this weekend for the Daytona. Long story is budget is crashed, but some things could still be done. Here are the options as I see it now.
Option 1) Tomahawk cam, and the cam install goodies like springs, hardware, etc, and cutouts (really want these now cuz they make me smile) Probably get the best single punch hp gain here short of option 3.
option 2) Just do headers for now with the cutouts.
Option 3) Try to save all the funds through christmas and add to first of year bonus and do all 3 in one pop. Saves me a bit in piecemeal installs but keeping money unspent through the holidays might be tough (If you knew my other half lol)
Option 4)No engine mods and do the superbee interior with lots of BT stuff (which wont make me faster but will make the car look nicer)
So, what would all yall do?
Oh, just FYI Maganaflow exhaust, Tstat, Diablo, KnN CAI already done.

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Your car is beautiful as it is! I would go with what makes you the happiest. #1 :)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
id say headers first because you wont be able to take advantage of that killer cam without em. plus you will have your exhaust completely out of the way with nothing left to worry about in that dept. (you gots to get long tubes with high flows to make them cutouts sound hellish and bring out the best in your cam later)

i couldnt sit on my money long enough if i knew i could already do one of the other :)

then you could also have the other option of maybe saving up for a cam/head install all at once and save some big bucks on a multi-install all at once... that is of course if you have heads on your "to do.. eveventually" list :)

BT mods wouldnt be on my list yet because im all about performance. and making sure it looks pretty on the inside for my eyes later.

best of luck. go for what your gut tells you, thats generally how i make my descisions.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I would have said save your money and wait, but.......... well I know you and you would end up spending it anyways LOL.

I say that you get the cutouts and the Cam. I just cant see justifying 1300 on headers for like 10-15 HP. I think you will get more out of a cam. And you can always make your own high flow cats!:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I voted save $ and do it all - but I would do everything performance related first - then the interior/looks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Save till you have enough to do all the performance stuff at one time. The $$ you save in labor to install everything at once ,might get you close to getting your interior parts.JIM IMHO

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I would say save and do it all. I'm about the performance side of things, so if you can save and do all of the performance mods at one, that will be the way I go. You know the BT and interior stuff isn't going anywhere

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
id say headers first because you wont be able to take advantage of that killer cam without em. plus you will have your exhaust completely out of the way with nothing left to worry about in that dept. (you gots to get long tubes with high flows to make them cutouts sound hellish and bring out the best in your cam later)

i couldnt sit on my money long enough if i knew i could already do one of the other :)

then you could also have the other option of maybe saving up for a cam/head install all at once and save some big bucks on a multi-install all at once... that is of course if you have heads on your "to do.. eveventually" list :)

BT mods wouldnt be on my list yet because im all about performance. and making sure it looks pretty on the inside for my eyes later.

best of luck. go for what your gut tells you, thats generally how i make my descisions.
x2

·
Registered
338 Posts
I also vote for wating to do everything at once. Save money on installation... But like you said, the end of the year is coming and money goes by quick...

·
Registered
309 Posts
If doing the work yourself, headers first, otherwise the other mods won't really breathe well until you do. Spending money on better flowing heads is kind of a waste when they get choked out by the stock exhaust manifold.

If you are paying for all the work to be done, save your money and pay for it all at once, otherwise you will spend too much in labor, and downtime without your car.

If the temptation to spend is so bad that it can't be resisted, stick your money in a 90 day CD to get it through year end.

·
Registered
379 Posts
What happened? Bad night at the tables? Just kidding! Go for one of the performance mods.....interior can wait

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Headers!!!!!!!:smoke:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Headers.... and why bother with the cutouts? I heard those cutouts at the Sonic and they didnt do anything for us, just noisemakers.

Let it breathe, dude.

Cam it next year. And so what if you gotta take the headers off to do the cam... thats next year. The car will get a 20+ HP boost with the headers and it will feel sooooooooo good when you stomp on it (at least thats what SHE says, and women aren't wrong). Spend whatever is left on your wife, kinda prep HER for what you will do next time around....

Our plan is to get this: http://www.402motoring.com/product....formance 5.7L&itemnumber=N6sLh3KDtim6VSdXFetj done next July. Then we can meet on Flamingo and talk sh*t with everyone else.... *lol*

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i voted cam and cut outs... but i think it'd be better to do cam and headers, and let the cut outs wait. i dont know how much more the headers would be than the cutouts (a lot of it depends on which headers you get..), but if it was me, thats what i'd try and do. should add a little sound, and a lot of performance.

EDIT: thinking about it, headers would actually be a really smart thing to do because install would be cheap if you were already installing a cam... cut out install cost would cost the same w/ or w/out the cam, so they can wait. so if u wanna save money go w/ headers and cam.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd love cam and headers, or cam and heads, or even heads, but I cant do everything just yet. Wow yall make it tough, its pretty evenly divided so far, with 36 hours to go. Thank all of yall for your input. Where are some of the zoomer 5.7's like Met and 1fst and company? Very appreciative of your input as well.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Save $$$ and get headers and cam.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I would say save my money and wait but that would probably only hold me off for about a week, so make yourself smile like arfur was there giving you a big hug, lol. Option #1

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
My two cents

1) Your car is awesome as is, relax a bit. :knockout:

2) OK, I know you won't relax, but wait until you have the cash to do it right, and get what you want. Otherwise you'll just end up doing everything twice. :lol:

Good luck,

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I would say save my money and wait but that would probably only hold me off for about a week, so make yourself smile like arfur was there giving you a big hug, lol. Option #1

.....eeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuu............:smoke:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts