Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a deep sound i got sum aftermarket **** at shea stadium for 200 and they have a nice gurgle to them just looking for a deep sound.. i didnt do the str8 pipe cause the guy said another 100 and i didnt have the cash on me .... You guys think if i do a str8 pipe it will change the sound make it better worse? a little help please i left the dodge dual muffler just changed the mufflers... what yall think?

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumppppppppp

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a little help ..........

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
its hard to understand anything you type lol.

what aftermarket? i mean i have no idea what youve done to your car other than... like spent 200 bucks on replacing... the resonators? i dono man.....

use sentences. puncuation. words. names. not just slop and maybe some1 will help

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got sum mufflers from shea staduim the junk yards... They were new in the box and they sound nice...... I didnt do a straight pipe i left dodges pipes just changed the muffler .... understand so far? .... if i do a srt8 pipe from the muffler do you think it will give it a deeper sound or sound the same?....... Will it change the sound

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
im assuming you took out the suitcase muffler and left the resos? if thats the case you should have some decent sound but you could burn out the resos rather quickly...i would just advise just spending the cake on a nice cat back that guarantees sound...not just hacking out mufflers and replacing with bobo stuff...burning out the resos then having to take them out anyway and you got yourself a can of worms...most aftermarket systems use 3 inch pipe over the stock 2.5 inch stuff...which give some sound on its own...its all up to you...i did the brylcreem mod for the extra sound but burned out my resos quick so i just said f it and bought a cat back system...thats my advice...:grin:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
dont quote me on this magnesuim. but ive read multiple places now that the Resos never burn out. the "rattling" that people hear is from the pipes hitting a brace under your car since they arent held snugly by the suitcase muffler. ive had mine for at least 5000 miles now and the brylcreem sounds great still

if you put some mufflers in place of your big suitcase. and you want it louder... straight pipes is probly the loudest it can possibly be. i think... im still confused

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
ohhh i know the rattle noise and your right about that, i had it with my slp...i took care of that issue by lowering the cross bar that sits below the x pipe...i def burned out the resos, i added 3 inch pipe where the suitcase was for some better flow plus my right foot weighs as much as an elephant so there was some periods of time where there was nothing but hot exhaust be thrusted out the pipes in a violent matter so maybe that had something to do with it but im not a scientist just an enthusiast...and im also still confused at what this guy is saying been trying to decode his posts for 5 minutes now bout to call the fbi...:grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts