Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SRT8 currently has a full magnaflow exhaust and I must admit I'm disappointed with the sound. Doesn't sound like a HEMI. Sounds more like a luxury V8. I'm looking for that old school rumble.

Something like this
http://web.mac.com/nomir526/Site/VID...I_CHARGER.html

Any suggestions. I've read multiple threads on exhausts. Had JBA on my last Charger (RT). Love the sound but the drone was terrible.

Could I replace the Magnaflow muffler with Flowmasters (either super 40s or 44s) and delete the resos while adding a tip. I'm thinking I just need to swap out mufflers and the rest should bolt right up.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Not quite a simple fix, but you could put a set of headers in front of that system. Improve performance and sound all at once.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have super 44's and have deleated the Resno's.

OH YA!!, Best Mod I have done so far. They guys at the dealership where all saying how sweet it sounds when I was getting my first oil change. When they started it up in the bay to drive it outside it was like.. VEERRROOMMM RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE. Then when I was sitting at the desk filling out my information, the guy that drove my car around must of smashed on the gas becuause you could easly here it from like 200 feet. Then I could almost hear him pull around, pull it into the shop, let it idle for a few secs..... Then, LOL, I hear VEROOOOM! VEROOOM! he kept reving the engine.

The service guys were all trying to applogize to me, but I just told them I probably would do the same thing If I was 18 years old and sat in that car!

Thier is drone between 1800-2100 RPM, But for the sound you get and how much better it sounds its soooooo worth it. Plus, I never find my self in that range unless I got a grammas foot or something. What Im saying is I dont even notice it anymore.

I would Highly recommend it.

JDO

·
Registered
213 Posts
One of the best mods I did to the '07 SuperBee I had was putting on a Zoomers cat-back...I've listened to many, many exhaust combos but for the money, the Zooms just sound like you just started a freaking racecar...and that is no joke...plus, they install very cleanly with none of that resonance crap alot of other people run into...I had installed mine without the other half knowing it and I started it while she was in her running Rumble Bee about 15 feet away...the sound made her whip her head around...now that's the sound all HEMIs should have...check 'em out

·
Registered
928 Posts
agreed zoomers do give the cleanest sound ive heard. they are awesome

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would agree as well, Zoomers sound great. Its really a decision of money.

Zoomers I think is like $800-$1000 plus what ever kind of installation. Which I dont think is much at all.

The Supers/Del Resnos cost me a total of $240.00 for the mufflers and pipe and Installation at Tuffys.

JDO

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Good to hear about the flowmasters i just got my flowmaster catback system today in the mail, although i didnt get the super 44s i think it was the force II system. Hopefully what i got is a good system for my Daytona. Dropping off in the a.m. for install. I know i have to wait for like a 1,000 miles or so before it really shows its balls but i can deal with that if my investment makes it sound better then factory. Im sure the weight alone will help some from what i have been reading, but i want the loud growl at WOT, well see i guess.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
My SRT8 currently has a full magnaflow exhaust and I must admit I'm disappointed with the sound. Doesn't sound like a HEMI. Sounds more like a luxury V8. I'm looking for that old school rumble.

Any help would be appreciated.
The zoomers are just right for these cars. Minimal drone, and sounds like a friggin nascar off the line. Goto the zoomers website and listen to the 6.1 sound clips, they are very accurate.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Sounds Good

Well i got my flowmaster system in and it sounds pretty awesome, but the looks are even better. :grin:

One quick question, should i take my battery cable off and if so how long, i have read here that you should, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Resonators

I also noticed that when I bought my Charger that it sounded like a Lexus. I also have the Magnaflow system but I had the resonators taken off. Without the resonators you'll notice the difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts