Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Charger blacktop r/t and Im looking to get an exhaust system soon. I want a good sounding system that doesn't have a lot of drone.
I've been looking at the force II system, any thoughts? Thank you

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not familiar with the sound of the system you mentioned, but I absolutely love my Zoomer's exhaust. Its a bit more pricey than many others, but it sounds great when you are on the gas, and very little drone when not on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
check out solo performance

no drone great sound and easy on the wallet
Man those do sound good for the money. I feel like I got ripped off now ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking around some more, what do you guys think about the Corsa Extreme Catback system?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced my stock mufflers with Flowmaster Super 44's and had the resonators cut off a few weeks ago. Very happy with the sound and only cost me $300-$400 total. I can't speak for drone because I don't drive on the highway much but nothing I hear on a daily basis sticks out as being unbearable to me. Lots of videos of this setup on Youtube.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just installed the Flowmaster Force II System this past weekend. Sounds very good. Nothing unbearable but huge difference than stock. Im satisfied!!

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2013 Charger blacktop r/t and Im looking to get an exhaust system soon. I want a good sounding system that doesn't have a lot of drone.
I've been looking at the force II system, any thoughts? Thank you
Yes the Flowmaster Force II is a good system and I am very satisfied and it is a really easy install. The hardest part is getting the stock system off because the Resonators are huge and the factory spot welded the pipes connecting to the catalytic converters. For a whole system thats what I would recommend

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sound is subjective - younger guys tend to prefer louder. Once you are over 30 and have to live with the neighbors you need a more polished sound. Personally, I have found a Corsa Sport catback, Solo highflow midpipes, and JBA headers to have a great sound with zero drone. Not a little drone, zero. I found the Corsa Sport sounded better than the Corsa Extreme.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have the Corsa Extreme and LOVE it. ZERO drone, almost quiet at cruising speed but the loudest frickin exhaust I've ever hear at WOT. Truly and "evil" system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put on Billy Boat 3 days ago, couldn't be happier. Doesn't sound like a ricer on steroids just a nice smooth deep V8 sound. I do not have any drone at all at any speed or RPM. I also put on an Airaid CAI a couple of days before, feels like low end is a lot snappier since the exhaust install. The Billy Boat is not a loud obnoxious exhaust but it does let you know it is there when you lay into it. This is where I ordered it from. http://www.lmperformance.com/19015/81.html, got both the Airaid, part # 351-318 for $1375.00 shipped.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Partial to the SLP LM1. Everyone that drives it agrees. Absolutely love that WOT note.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
The slp lm1 has the nastiest sound and the worst drone. Had it on for about three months.
I had stock - we all know
Magnaflow - nice low rumble
Slp lm1 - wicked but unbearable drone
Corsa sport - awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. There's a reason why it's $$. Tame around town but when you get on it it's awesome.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I replaced my stock mufflers with Flowmaster Super 44's and had the resonators cut off a few weeks ago. Very happy with the sound and only cost me $300-$400 total. I can't speak for drone because I don't drive on the highway much but nothing I hear on a daily basis sticks out as being unbearable to me. Lots of videos of this setup on Youtube.
I have to give fair warning. Super 44s with no resonators will drone LOUD. I just got some last week and added cherry bomb glasspacks to help tone down the drone.

I'm happy with it now, but it still has a little drone even with glasspacks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im thinking about flowmaster 44's with stock pipes resonators any thoughts of that with drone?I got a price of under $275.00 installed

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you leave the resonators on, it will barely sound different from stock.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts