Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm nearing the magical 30,000 mile mark.... what are the best spark plugs to get?? what's everyone using?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Good ole fashion regular stock Champions! :bigthumb: Change them every 30K. Its as simple as that. :driving:

Don't forget, you need 16 of them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
dude i wanna know myself did a post like this didnt work out for me i would rather go with a better plug n change it later than 30000 imo im at 29150 myself n need to order them still dunno

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just stay with champion plugs that come stock in it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
WE're over due for plugs also. Has anyone tried those E3(I think that's the name) plugs?

Why are these changed at 30,000? I was under the impression that most plugs are supposed to last for 100,000 miles.

·
Banned
87 Posts
WE're over due for plugs also. Has anyone tried those E3(I think that's the name) plugs?

Why are these changed at 30,000? I was under the impression that most plugs are supposed to last for 100,000 miles.

Same question. I just passed 40,000 and the car starts like new and runs as strong as ever.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I just went with the stock plugs. I like to use the KIS model "keep it simple"

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Why do these plugs need to be changed at 30,000 miles? The ones in my '00 Ranger and '01 Sable are changed at 100,000?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I believe the SRT's and V6's show that they go 100,000 miles between changes. The owner's manual shows that RT's need to change plugs every 30,000 miles. The only reason I can think of is due to the MDS 4 cylinder deactivation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check your current gas millage before and after, I think the early change is gas millage driven not necessarily driven by a performance you can sense outright.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We just had our plugs changed at the dealer. I asked the service advisor about this. The only explanation he could give me is that the 5.7's don't use platinum plugs. Evidently the 6.1's and 3.5's use them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yep, the reason is the non-platinum plugs. Which is fine with me, since nitrous does not like a platinum plug. :driving:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
everyone hears iridium and platiunum and thinks it must be better.....

not the case, regualar copper plugs provide the best spark out of any plug, only thing is that they have about a 30 to 40k life span.people dont like that and want a 100k plug, only plugs rated at 100k is platinum

·
Registered
526 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts