Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was watching one of my favorite shows last night, NCIS and low and behold...Agent Gibs was driving around in a Charger! I think it was a blue one. And then the bad guy shot a couple of holes in the windshield and my kids were more upset about that than when Kate was shot in the head last season. Go figure. :confused:

RJ

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Dodge is hooking up some production companies. The 4400, NCIS, and Wanted at least are all driving the hell out of DCX products.

·
Registered
143 Posts
DCX has gone really big on product placement in TV and movies. 300's have been in a ton of shows. The blatantly obvious one was ER a while back. The actor actually details off all of the specs about the 300C as the camera rolls over the car from the front to the back.

The Island with Obi-Wan Kenobi had more DCX cars then I've seen on the street, 300s, Magnums, Caravans, some kind of futured-up looking 300 or Charger for cop cars, Viper, etc. The only other cars were Mercedes. Go figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed that too. Got all excited when I saw the Charger headlights. I guess they are replacing the old Dodge Stratus with the Charger. Now, is it a Hemi or not? It looks like a standard R/T model based on the wheels, interior and sound (though the sound may be dubbed over).

·
Registered
277 Posts
Tuesday night's episode Gibbs was driving a blue r/t with the HEMI plate on the side. Watched it in slow motion like ten times.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Even if DCX isnt paying to put the cars in the shows, the local constabularies are buying the cars. The shows would have to update the equipment to keep pace with reality.

Spoke with a man at the carwash yesterday who was responsible for purchasing 45 chargers for police duty in Prince William County VA. He only bought 6-cylinder models. He said the 6-cyl cars were "fast enough".

·
Registered
279 Posts
There was also a black charger outside the victim's house on CSI the other night!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The show the week before even Had more Charger shots. They had a scene where Denozo, et al get into the wrong car -- seemed like it was written into the script to show off a couple of Chargers...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah, I saw that episode. There were a bunch of Chargers in the parking lot. Are they supposed to be govt. cars or is it Gibbs' personal car?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
davidhR/T said:
Yeah, I saw that episode. There were a bunch of Chargers in the parking lot. Are they supposed to be govt. cars or is it Gibbs' personal car?
They are supposed to be Govt cars. Gibbs and Denozo have been seen in the show driving them. The only thing is I think in real life if they were to get Chargers as Govi's they would be white. Still is awesome to see them in the shows.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cool cars, hot chicks, and guns.....this might be the best show ever!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts