Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondering if there's somewhere I can download and burn an updated navigation disk for my 06 charger?

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's not going to work, unless you know something I don't. The 2009 disc I have in my car now I used a torrent and burned it myself, the file you linked isn't for the REC I don't think.

·
Registered
679 Posts
So without torrents it looks like best options are pay for an OEM one or get a burned DVD huh?

·
Registered
247 Posts
06 here. Bought the high priced from Chrysler. 06 still has lousy system, no noticed improvements or additions. Save your money and effort. I use the $99 Garmin bought years ago.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
The only thing a new disc for the REC will provide is updated road maps for areas with new construction of roads since the original disc was made.

Even in cases where the original disc doesn't have the new roads identified, the GPS location will still show as correct, just not overlay it on the new road map.

I haven't ever encountered enough new road construction to make replacing my original '06 disc necessary.

The neighbor hood I live in was built after that disc was issued but the main road it's connected to has been here for more than 60 years...so I really don't care that it shows me in the middle of a field when I am parked in my driveway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The only thing a new disc for the REC will provide is updated road maps for areas with new construction of roads since the original disc was made.

Even in cases where the original disc doesn't have the new roads identified, the GPS location will still show as correct, just not overlay it on the new road map.

I haven't ever encountered enough new road construction to make replacing my original '06 disc necessary.

The neighbor hood I live in was built after that disc was issued but the main road it's connected to has been here for more than 60 years...so I really don't care that it shows me in the middle of a field when I am parked in my driveway.
Doesn't it update the points of interest too tho? There's tons of new businesses that were built here since 2009. My bluetooth module went out so i may just be replacing my entire head unit instead of paying $300+ for a new module. I'm sure a new unit will have the most up to date maps/businesses.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts