Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, when you've got an MP3 disc in the NAV unit, how can you get it to permanently display the song info ? If you press the "Info" button you get see the song info for a few seconds, but then it disappears. Anyone know if you can permanently make it stay on ??? thanks in advance.

GR.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yea. same goes for when you have a cd in it, and its capable of reading the info off of it. why doesnt the info stay showing?

thx ahead of time

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you have a CD in with CD data, it always displays the song, artist, etc. hitting info just changes what it shows to Album, etc. With MP3...no idea. I hate staring at the filename instead of the artist info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you have a CD in with CD data, it always displays the song, artist, etc. hitting info just changes what it shows to Album, etc. With MP3...no idea. I hate staring at the filename instead of the artist info.
Ya, beats me too. I may have to contact Dodge, it may require a software upgrade for the NAV unit to work. No one seems to know the answer to this on.

Cheers.

GR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont have the answer to you questuon but does anyone know any good aftermarket nav/cd/mp3oripod systems with a 6.5 or 7inch screen that will fit? the factory unit is a 7 inch that's why i wanna put one in that size.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Avic D3 is a very common upgrade, and can be had for a decent price. Its only a 6" screen, though. If I change mine, I will definatly do the D3.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know if it is related or not, but I was not getting the artist and titles for the Sirius showing up. I went into the settings and found a way to turn this on. Does the artist and title show up for the radio stations or Sirius?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey folks, when you've got an MP3 disc in the NAV unit, how can you get it to permanently display the song info ? If you press the "Info" button you get see the song info for a few seconds, but then it disappears. Anyone know if you can permanently make it stay on ??? thanks in advance.

GR.
You won't believe how easy it is. Hit the "Time" button and the info will always stay on the screen. The use the "Info" button to keep what type of info you want to see all the time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You won't believe how easy it is. Hit the "Time" button and the info will always stay on the screen. The use the "Info" button to keep what type of info you want to see all the time.
Bob, I do not see a "time" button on my NAV radio.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob, if that works, I owe you a beer ! Will try tonight.

Cheers and thanks.
GR.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Its next to all the other button along the bottom of the screen.
I think that may have been a change in the REC, because I know I do not have the TIME button on mine... Where exactly is it located because they may have just changed the name on it but it still functions the same.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think that may have been a change in the REC, because I know I do not have the TIME button on mine... Where exactly is it located because they may have just changed the name on it but it still functions the same.
If you have this unit, then I do not know. Where the "Mute" button is, I have a "Time" button. I know that on most Chrysler products there is usually a button or knob that usually says time or clock. On a regular radio it would leave the radio station showing on all the time. That was why I gave the "Time" button a shot on mine and it worked. This button must of been on the Late 2006 to 2007 Charger.:confused:

Here's my Nav unit

·
Registered
162 Posts
Unit With Mute Button

Has anyone figured this out? I have the unit with the MUTE button.

How is this problem solved with this type of unit?

Please advise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has anyone figured this out? I have the unit with the MUTE button.

How is this problem solved with this type of unit?

Please advise.
I've just Emailed a friend of mine who works at Dodge. hopefully he can contact the right people and get us the answer. Keep you all posted.

GR.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I still can't believe they did away with the mute button on newer models. What a stupid idea. The mute button is a very useful one and something everyone should want.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I still can't believe they did away with the mute button on newer models. What a stupid idea. The mute button is a very useful one and something everyone should want.
Are you joking?? Just push in the knob and turn off. If you have Uconnect its Muted for you. Mute button is worthless on everything except TV. On everything else you can stop, turn off or pause.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not when you are driving with the navigation on and want to shut her up temporarily for a conversation, phone call, whatever. Explain that one Einstein. Your options are what exactly? Scroll through 10 menus to get to the volume page, turn it down, go back to the map so you can at least see where you are going...and then do it all again when you want the voice commands back on. Oh, yeah, oops. Turning off the whole unit is not an option in that case, or you lose your navigation altogether. And it is just for this purpose that I use the MUTE button quite often.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not when you are driving with the navigation on and want to shut her up temporarily for a conversation, phone call, whatever. Explain that one Einstein. Your options are what exactly? Scroll through 10 menus to get to the volume page, turn it down, go back to the map so you can at least see where you are going...and then do it all again when you want the voice commands back on. Oh, yeah, oops.
You can turn the volume down with the knob when shes talking!! Uconnect mutes so theres the phone call. Or simply turn off and then turn back on. Seems pretty simple to me. And if your going somewhere where you don't know where your going, tell the other person to shut it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts